Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maserati based on Cherokee

The elite car brand, based in Modena, Italy, plans to build its first sport-utility vehicle at Chrysler Group LLC’s Jefferson North assembly plant, said a person familiar with the matter. A concept version of the model, which will be based on the Jeep Grand Cherokee, is due to be unveiled at the Frankfurt motor show next month, said the person, who declined to be identified before the official announcement.

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
I heard the new Maserati Quatraportte is going to be based on a 300C platform & some bits from the Avenger parts bin. Maserati used to be made almost up to Ferarri standards so this looks like a few steps backwards as far as that marque is concerned!!" How the mighty have fallen "

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
I see ferrari's and lambo's on the road from time to time. I work near the ferrari/maserati dealer here in Denver and I've never seen a Maserati on the street. Is it because they are so rare? or is it because with a Maserati you get average car performance with super car maintenance?

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
New Maserati will have engines up to 400BHP...

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
R.I.P. Maserati

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
New Maserati will have engines up to 400BHP...
doesn't the quattroporte Sport GT already have 400 hp? The Sport GT S has something like 433 hp.

Okay I found what you're talking about. Maserati is going to use the pentastar v6 (from the grand cherokee, and wrangler, and challenger, and journey and durango and I don't know what else) with fiat's multiair technology and some form of forced induction to get 400 hp. Hopefully they'll put a bigger motor in the Quattroporte and use the pentastar in whatever will be their version of the Fiat 500 or something smallish like that.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Looks like the Maserati SUV will be built in Detroit. So that's a good thing, I think. Might not be good for the brand though. How snooty are the two people that buy Maseratis? and what is the plural for Maserati?

http://www.autonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20110818/COPY01/308189884/1193

Fiat S.p.A.'s ultra-luxury Maserati brand plans to build its first U.S.-made SUV at Chrysler Group's Jefferson North assembly plant in Detroit, said a person familiar with the matter.

·
Geek
993 Posts
Who remembers the last Bastard Child of Chrysler and Maserati?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chrysler_TC_by_Maserati

I hope the next one will be a little better received. Maybe that fact that the Cherokee, like the Durango, is actually built on the Mercedes M platform will have some bearing

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
the world has definitely gone mad.....

·
Registered
136 Posts
"In January 2011, Sergio Marchionne confirmed a Jeep Grand Cherokee-based Maserati will be made at the Jefferson Avenue plant. The sport-SUV will have either a Ferrari V8 or a Ferrari V12, maybe with a choice of engines; a “souped up diesel” may also be available (Marchionne may have been joking when he said that.)"

http://www.allpar.com/trucks/jeep/maserati.html

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
The Italians are well know for changing their minds ....... Like who's side are we fighting on today??

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
the world has definitely gone mad.....
i mean,i sort of went crazy when porsche got the cayenne out....
wtf? porsche should be 911,carrera's and all that...
now maserati suv?
what's next?a ferrari suv?
i should damn well expect a jeep sports car then...

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
check this out,as we speak of suv's:

·
Registered
1,630 Posts

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Duster is big seller in Europe & coming to UK soon. Good spec & cheap price ( even if it is made by Dacia in Romania ) . Now part of the Renault group.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
€10,500 in Romania - I like!

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
Maserati SUV to be based on Grand Cherokee platform
If that doesn't say both Maserati and Jeep have completely lost their focus, I don't know what would. :doh:

Just wait 'till you see the Rolls Royce garbage truck!!! idoits.

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
i mean,i sort of went crazy when porsche got the cayenne out....
wtf? porsche should be 911,carrera's and all that...
now maserati suv?
what's next?a ferrari suv?
i should damn well expect a jeep sports car then...
It's called a Jeepster....actually a better Jeep and a sports car though.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts