Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First post....more like a question. Lower control arm bushings in front are creaking at only 60,000 miles and need to be replaced pretty soon. Is this common on 2016 Trail Rated FDII models??

·
Super Moderator
4,452 Posts
At around 50k I had a ball joint go bad. When I removed the control arm to replace the ball joint I found the rubber in the rear bushings was cracked and needed replaced, but they weren't really creaking.

More common is creaking from the sway bar bushings being worn and dry.

·
7,817 Posts
First post....more like a question. Lower control arm bushings in front are creaking at only 60,000 miles and need to be replaced pretty soon. Is this common on 2016 Trail Rated FDII models??
First off, welcome! Nice to have you on here. Please drop by the newbie threads and introduce yourself to the others. We've got a nice crowd on here.

Some say Patriot front ends are a weak point but my 2 Patriots have been solid. My '08 was developing some front-end creaking near the end of my ownership but it was 10 years old and very high miles when that started. My '14 has been fine other than the LF wheel bearing at 125,000 miles. That was my first and only repair so far.

·
Registered
423 Posts
Welcome, Chris! Like Sandstone said, sway bar bushings are the most common cause of creaky front ends, but it's too uncommon for control arm bushings to be noisy. I replaced my right front lower control arm because I had a bad ball joint, and found that one of the bushings was in really bad shape, but it wasn't making any noise.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts

Hi Chris,
Thanks for reaching out on the forum! While I can see that you are receiving great feedback from your fellow forum members, please remember that our team is always available for questions or assistance via private message.

Kathryn
JeepCares

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, replaced sway bar links and bushings then greased the bushings, fingers crossed. Not hard to change lower control arm assembly but still cheap fixes are better.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts