Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the 07 Patriot to the dealership the other day because I tore the inner cv boot after running over a tire. Mechanic said I needed a new front axle ($276.50) and lower control arm bushing ($835.66). Is this a high price for the Lower control arm bushing? Seems pretty steep since I researched it online and looks like this costs under $100 to buy.

Any help would be great.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Lower control arm bushings can't be replaced alone

They are integral with the entire lower control arm. However, these are not very expensive - the aftermarket is running from $75 to $120 for new ones, I don't know what Mopar wants for them, but I'd figure $250 max. The labor is about one hour for a shop with a lift, so that guy's seems to me to be a rip off. I'd go somewhere else, permanently.

I don't know about your axle though. How bad/big was this tire that you ran over?

BP

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
Took the 07 Patriot to the dealership the other day because I tore the inner cv boot after running over a tire. Mechanic said I needed a new front axle ($276.50) and lower control arm bushing ($835.66). Is this a high price for the Lower control arm bushing? Seems pretty steep since I researched it online and looks like this costs under $100 to buy.

Any help would be great.
try moogsuspensionparts.com
you find everything you need there,of much better quality than mopar.
ball joints and bushings can be changed and you can keep your original control arms.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
I'd also check rockauto.com for the half-shaft. They have remanned ones for $110. Also, they sell the one bushing, or whole control arms for < $100.

·
Registered
233 Posts
thats a screw job ! u can get a reman axle for around a 100.00 t0 150.00, and i think he means lower ball joints,not bushings,the aftermarket arms are about 150.00 each and about 80.00 each to install. shop around !!!!. p.s-the arms contain the bushings and balljoints.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Any help would be great.
I've already replaced three of them. In Canada, I paid $348 apiece plus $125 install per side. BUT WAIT! I recently found an Ebay seller that has a complete set (R&L) for only $99 Canadian plus free shipping! Bought them, had them installed for only $50 per side, plus alignment for $80.

Here's the Ebay seller: eBay My World: rebatesautopartsonline

Share with ALL Patriot and Compass owners!!!

·
Registered
726 Posts
I've already replaced three of them. In Canada, I paid $348 apiece plus $125 install per side. BUT WAIT! I recently found an Ebay seller that has a complete set (R&L) for only $99 Canadian plus free shipping! Bought them, had them installed for only $50 per side, plus alignment for $80.

Here's the Ebay seller: eBay My World: rebatesautopartsonline

Share with ALL Patriot and Compass owners!!!
Are there greasable ball joints on those? If not you might be changing them sooner than you think.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts