Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a weird one every once in a while I get the low tire light on and a red light to the right come on (the light doesn't have a word or symbol just a light). It doesn't ding like the normal low tire warning. It seems to happen only once a week then may not happen for a month or so. I'm trying to get it in the dealership for an alignment and to check it out but I don't want to take off work . It's a 2009 4x2 sport

·
Registered
78 Posts
My "Tire Low" light came on around 2400 miles. Gotta go to the dealership for a oil change next week so im gonna ask them about it.

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Make sure your tires are at 32 psi (16" rims) or 35 psi (17" rims) cold (not driven on). With the fluctuating temps of fall and spring, having the light pop on every now and then is kind of normal, especially if the temps have dropped. Lower temps = lower tire pressure.

The red light, i think, is the trans over temp light so I'd get that looked at ASAP. Could be low on CVT fluid.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Make sure your tires are at 32 psi (16" rims) or 35 psi (17" rims) cold (not driven on). With the fluctuating temps of fall and spring, having the light pop on every now and then is kind of normal, especially if the temps have dropped. Lower temps = lower tire pressure.

The red light, i think, is the trans over temp light so I'd get that looked at ASAP. Could be low on CVT fluid.

It's not a normal low tire alarm there is no ding and the red light comes on at the same time and then does out at the same time a sec later . I have a manual transmission . I do get the low tire alarm when the temps drop I just air the tires up to compensate go I know it's not that

·
Mopar or no car!!!
1,719 Posts
@kess

Hopefully it unscrews from the bottom of the center console, you might have to take that off. My best suggestion is to create a new thread in this forum about your specific issue. Make sure you include as many details about your Jeep and it's problem. Start a new thread so more members can find it and help you. Good luck buddy.

·
Registered
927 Posts

The door sticker on my 2009 FD1 5 speed Sport says inflate tires to 35psi, not 32....(16 inch wheels).

·
Registered
207 Posts
The door sticker on my 2009 FD1 5 speed Sport says inflate tires to 35psi, not 32....(16 inch wheels).
Same on my 2013 Sport with 16 inchers. When we were in negative temps a couple of days in a row, my low tire light came on, my neighbor checked my pressure for me and said they were fine, showing 30psi. When it warmed up to above freezing I checked the door panel and saw they were supposed to be 35psi. Inflated to 35psi and the low tire light went out.

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's not a normal low tire alarm there is no ding and the red light comes on at the same time and then does out at the same time a sec later . I have a manual transmission . I do get the low tire alarm when the temps drop I just air the tires up to compensate go I know it's not that
Any resolution Russ?

·
Super Moderator
8,717 Posts
Nothing wrong with running a couple PSI over. I always do. TPMS is still an inexact technology, and frankly an unnecessary invention. Mine will come on and go off all on the same trip. Yesterday, it was about 35F (significantly warmer than its been for several months) and <ding> on comes the light after driving about 40 miles at highway speeds, say 50-60mph. Into the store for bread and milk, (5 min), back into the Patriot . . . no light the rest of the way home (about 10 miles). No light today -- similar temperatures and a few more miles, couple of stops along the way. :confused: Go figure!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got a weird one every once in a while I get the low tire light on and a red light to the right come on (the light doesn't have a word or symbol just a light). It doesn't ding like the normal low tire warning. It seems to happen only once a week then may not happen for a month or so. I'm trying to get it in the dealership for an alignment and to check it out but I don't want to take off work . It's a 2009 4x2 sport
I have the exact same problem and the tires are fine, but I was told to even check the SPARE? tire? does the Jeep register the air in the spare? That doesn’t seem realistic.

Anyway the CVT fluid does, but who takes care of that? Do I need to go to a dealer or is it a simple fix. CVT stuff scares me!

PBJOneal

·
Administrator
6,275 Posts
I have the exact same problem and the tires are fine, but I was told to even check the SPARE? tire? does the Jeep register the air in the spare? That doesn’t seem realistic.

Anyway the CVT fluid does, but who takes care of that? Do I need to go to a dealer or is it a simple fix. CVT stuff scares me!

PBJOneal

CVT fluid and filter change isn't rocket science but you should be somewhat mechanically savvy and have some experience working on vehicles.

More info here:

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,268 Posts
No, there is no TPMS sensor in the spare. What year is your Patriot? The batteries in the sensors wear out eventually and cause the sensors to die, which in turn turns on the TPMS light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts