Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Today, I helped a fellow driver jump start his car, thing is... The screws (fasteners) that hold the battery cover on top, dropped into a black hole and are now gone forever. :(

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get them? Ive tried ebay motors and no luck.

Thanks a lot...

Here is a picture in case no body knows what im talking about

Attachments

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Probably going to be a dealer only item, or a junk yard. They should be the same for the Compass and Caliber.

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Same thing happened with my Caliber. I was messing about with the cover & lost them , I found one on the road under the Engine.The other vanished forever , & I didnt bother replacing it!!

·
Registered
263 Posts
Yeah, I'd try a scrapyard. If you have real problems PM me; I doubt I'll ever put the stock intake back on.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Damm, I hope you can find them at the dealership. I am sure they have them, but I am surprised they came off that easily. Mine are stuck on pretty good. Best of luck.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Similar thing happened to me, in August this year.

There is only one place to go for this part. The part you are looking for is easily obtained from your Jeep dealer. It is shown on their parts system.

The part number is: 04891851AA- it is called a "Shield Throttle JE"

It is the small plate with the Battery symbol stamped on it, the fasteners are all combined on the plate. You replace the whole small thing.

It is very cheap, it was £2.79 + 17.5% tax, here in the UK.

:)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts