Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 Jeep Patriot. I am looking to check the transmission fluid level. I can't find the tube to put in the dipstick. I have Googled & YouTube'd..and have been shown 3 locations. Next to the battery, in back by the firewall, or on the left of the engine. I can't find my tube anywhere. I have taken off the air vent on top that's near the battery too. Most sites show year 2014 and newer...mine is 2010,,any ideas?

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
121 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
121 Posts
I have a 2010 Jeep Patriot. I am looking to check the transmission fluid level. I can't find the tube to put in the dipstick. I have Googled & YouTube'd..and have been shown 3 locations. Next to the battery, in back by the firewall, or on the left of the engine. I can't find my tube anywhere. I have taken off the air vent on top that's near the battery too. Most sites show year 2014 and newer...mine is 2010,,any ideas?
Here is a PDF copy of the owner's manual this might help but if it's a CVT which I think it is you don't have access a Trans dipstick.

Attachments

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts

Here's the fill tube for the CVT. If it's not there, it may have broken off.

Tire Automotive tire Product Hood Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
121 Posts
Thanks for the correction. (y)

Reactions: Sandstone

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,792 Posts
Welcome to the group. From what I've heard, it's all that uncommon for the fill tube to break off. When I replaced my battery I very nearly broke mine when the battery slipped out of my hands.

·
Registered
68 Posts
is it an auto or manual?

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Welcome to the group. From what I've heard, it's all that uncommon for the fill tube to break off. When I replaced my battery I very nearly broke mine when the battery slipped out of my hands.
Yep, it's easy to hit and not braced very well.

is it an auto or manual?
I was thinking it was an auto since he also posted here, but I could be wrong:

·
Registered
68 Posts
Yep, it's easy to hit and not braced very well.

I was thinking it was an auto since he also posted here, but I could be wrong:
I hadn’t seen that. My reason for asking is because Im learning a lot about maintainence from this jeep and i didn’t know manuals dont have dipsticks until i realized i had a transmission leak and had to use the check plug.

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
I hadn’t seen that. My reason for asking is because Im learning a lot about maintainence from this jeep and i didn’t know manuals dont have dipsticks until i realized i had a transmission leak and had to use the check plug.
Okay, I see what you mean, makes sense.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts