Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
First of all my 2011 Jeep Patriot 2.4 liter and it went into limp mode and the check engine light came on. Then it threw a codes for coil packs 1,3,4 were bad. I replaced all 4 coil packs, plugs and crankshaft sensor. This still did not fix the Problem. I have a friend that works at a Chrysler Dealer and he said that it could be the Throttle body, so we changed the throttle body and now the car will run Normal for 10 or 15 minutes the it will go back into limp mode and I have to cut it off and start it back and it will go back to normal. We had all codes cleared and ran a relearn program on the car along with a PCM update and It is still doing it. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this and what to do to fix it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
First of all my 2011 Jeep Patriot 2.4 liter and it went into limp mode and the check engine light came on. Then it threw a codes for coil packs 1,3,4 were bad. I replaced all 4 coil packs, plugs and crankshaft sensor. This still did not fix the Problem. I have a friend that works at a Chrysler Dealer and he said that it could be the Throttle body, so we changed the throttle body and now the car will run Normal for 10 or 15 minutes the it will go back into limp mode and I have to cut it off and start it back and it will go back to normal. We had all codes cleared and ran a relearn program on the car along with a PCM update and It is still doing it. Does anyone have any ideas what may be causing this and what to do to fix it?
Hi there, this sounds exactly like what I am going through with my 2011 jeep patriot...Did you ever find out the cause!? it would help me immensely!!!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My 2015 jeep patriot is doing the same thing I have had it to the dealer 3 times replaced throttle body, crankshaft sensor, spark plugs, tipm, alternator, battery im taking it to another mechanic tomorrow they think its a ground issues.... someone else comment on my post about it being their gas peddle. Have y'all found out what is was with your jeeps? Trying to take as much info to the mechanic tomorrow praying for a fix

1 - 3 of 3 Posts