Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help me.

I have a 2012 Jeep Patriot 2.0L and recently I replaced the spark plugs. The following day an alert came up on stating that the indicators were not working. I then found out that the front left and rear right indicators were not working, the front left headlight, all brake and tail lights are also not working.
I had an auto electrician look at it and he said everything looks fine with fuses, globes etc. everything else on the car is working fine. I have disconnected the battery for 2 hours and made no difference. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers, Sean

·
Administrator
5,970 Posts
Welcome,

Without more information, I would guess a wiring or connector problem, a problem with grounds G110 and/or G112, or the TIPM. Diagrams below.

It would be helpful to know what the "alert" was exactly, or if there are any error codes.

Also, you may want to find another auto electrician, and get a second opinion. If possible get a shop with a bi-directional scan tool that has the ability to message the TIPM to turn the light outputs on and off without using the switch.

G110

G112

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Sandstone,

Thanks for your reply. The alert that came up was front left indicator not working on when indicating left, same with the rear right indicator. I’m not sure of the error codes but Ill ask the auto electrician that checked it for me and come back to you.
Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi Sandstone,

Thanks for your reply. The alert that came up was front left indicator not working on when indicating left, same with the rear right indicator. I’m not sure of the error codes but Ill ask the auto electrician that checked it for me and come back to you.
Thanks again.
Hi Sandstone,

Thanks again.
Hi Sandstone,
these are the codes that came up during the scan.
Cheers

·
Administrator
5,970 Posts
If all of this happened all at once then my gut feel is the TIPM, though I could be wrong. It could be a grounds problem, but there are other grounds involved besides the two under the hood I pointed out, and it seems unlikely that these grounds would all fail at once.

I'd check all the connectors at the TIPM and make sure they're clean and not loose, and maybe for good measure redo the grounds connections on g110/g112 (remove ring lugs, strip wires back, add new lug(s) just to rule them out.

And if the scanner is bi-directional I'd see if it could toggle the light outputs on and off and check for proper function at the plug with a DVM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts