Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fan works but the light on the circulating fan does not light up but works Ac light work Can I just change the light bulb if so how thanks. 2012 patriot

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,300 Posts
So you press the button and it doesn't light? The light itself is not replaceable, unless you're good with soldering, as it's a surface-mounted LED. However, if it's not coming on, then it could possibly mean that the re-circulation door actuator is stuck or broken. It's located behind the glove box and is relatively easy to replace.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Fan works but indicator does not. When I push on the button lite does not work however I can hear the motor rev higher. So I know it works.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
2,300 Posts
The light only comes on when it's in recirculation mode, ie: recirculating the air that's already inside the vehicle. The only time that's really useful is when you want to cool down the inside really really fast. It's a REALLY bad idea to use it in the winter, as it will cause the windows to fog up VERY fast. The light does not come on when the fan is on.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes I am aware but it’s annoying that the indicator lite doesn’t work. If somebody presses or hits the button by accident there is no indicator to say it’s on. That’s all though

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
Yes I am aware but it’s annoying that the indicator lite doesn’t work. If somebody presses or hits the button by accident there is no indicator to say it’s on. That’s all though
Ahhh, gotcha. I'd go to a u-pull-it junk yard to get a replacement. The only tools you'll need are a #2 phillips screwdriver and a plastic trim removal tool (or a small flat screwdriver). Use the trim removal tool to pop the radio bezel off. The HVAC controls are mounted to that with 4 philips screws. Should take you about 15 minutes. I got one from my local u-pull-it (for my moms Buick) for $5.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts