Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thank you for letting me join the forum. I have a 2012 jeep patriot latitude that I just lifted 2". The issue now is the passenger side cv axle is resting and rubbing on the subframe. I replaced the axle when I installed the lift. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Administrator
6,738 Posts
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Not sure what lift you used, but sometimes while installing the lift, the axle can slip out of the transmission/PTU a little and needs to be pushed back in till the snap ring on the end engages.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,485 Posts
Welcome to the group. I agree with Sandstone, make sure the axle is fully seated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is a Daystar lift. It was a pain to put on. I also replaced all 4 struts at the same time. They were aftermarket loaded struts. The axle is seated all the way. I'm sure of it. I had a hard time finding the right axle. Everywhere they were giving me a shaft with an intermediate connection. My jeep has a straight one piece axle.

·
Administrator
6,738 Posts
That lift kit may not work with your vehicle, others have had problems on 2WD also.

Call Daystar and tell them what's going on with the axle and see what they say.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I planned on calling them today to see if they have any ideas. It was a pain to put that on. I really don't wanna take them off but it is what it is. My wife said she won't let me touch our Wrangler now. Haha.
Thank you for your help and suggestions. I appreciate it

·
Registered
7 Posts
I planned on calling them today to see if they have any ideas. It was a pain to put that on. I really don't wanna take them off but it is what it is. My wife said she won't let me touch our Wrangler now. Haha.
Thank you for your help and suggestions. I appreciate it
For what it's worth, Wranglers are easier to work on. I'm not a fan of having to constantly remove the

wheels for simple tasks on the Patriot.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts