Jeep Patriot Forums banner

left foot rest on drivers floorboard...

22K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  hiramo 
#1 ·
i rest my left foot on the foot thing on the floor board when driving, i have always done this in every car i own...i was scooting up in the seat and pushed on the footrest on the floorboard and it just popped right off...i can push it back and click it into place but it keeps doing it....seriously? how cheap can u get?:doh::confused::(

#6 ·
when i got back from lunch today i thought i would look at it to see what exactly was unhooking. i pulled the "foot rest" off, it clicks into two holes that are attached to another piece of plastic underneath where it sits, i then look closer and one of the places where the plastic rest underneath the main one sits its broken off...ugg seriously???? its brand new and its already breaking :'(

#7 ·
They call it a dead pedal. Yes it is very cheap indeed. It has 5 plastic clips that hold it to a plastic peice that is bolted to the chassis. The best thing to do would be to buy loctite for plastic and put it by all 5 of those tabs. We have many problems with them at the plant. Let me know if it works

#8 ·
There are the coolest things in my old Willys, Kaiser and AMC Jeeps. They are kind of pointed on one and and have kind of a sharpened corkscrew molded onto a tiny shaft. It has an x shaped hole stamped into a fatter part on the end opposite the pointed end. These clever little gizmos are used to hold the entire car together. Man they work slick! If you need to take things apart they can be rotated counterclockwise and they come out. Rotate clockwise and they get tight and hold stuff together. Chrysler should explore what these things were and use them to make their products better.

#15 ·
I'll try and be gentle to mine, lucky for me I'm used to the CVT now and stopped looking for the invisible clutch pedal. (my other car is stick)

#19 ·
Mine broke as well.. It only really took one time of having to slam on the breaks and push down with my left foot to counter the force for it to break.. Anybody have a part number on this?
How much pressure did you use on it? It's meant to Rest your foot, not push off on it...It's most likely made cheaply because its not meant to bear any weight

Not trying to be a jerk but its called a foot rest for a reason. :)

Alfy
These two posts seem to have inexplicably been posted in reverse order.

#23 ·
The footrest was one of the first things that broke on my patriot as well as the plastic cover on the side of the seat