Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys I'm new in this forum. I've been reading through & I think its great. I'm thinking of changing my headlamp bulbs to LED in which I did & it flickers due to the canbus. Can anyone recommend a pair of Led' s that are compatible or even the ones with the decoder. I even ordered the RIGID brand decoder & it still does not work. I'm looking for 6000K - 6500K preferably. Let me know if you guys can guide me. It's a 2009 Jeep Patriot 2.4L . Thanks

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,191 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,191 Posts
And welcome to the group!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. Will try. I also saw car rover H13 9008 high power 100W 20,000LM 6000K. Was very tempting. This may burn out my wires.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,582 Posts
Apparently resistors or something are required, because it's designed for halogen, which I'm just fine with because in all my time trucking, all those hours in the day and night, I've noticed that even properly aimed LED/HID lights(complete with projectors, a must if you don't want the light going EVERYWHERE) can still screw with the eyes just a little. LEDs may use a fraction of the power, but they still give off a weird kinda light, like looking at a spaceship. I've got Sylvania Xtravision in one of my snowmobiles so far and it seems to work pretty good. Gonna replace the old sealed-beam on the other sled with the same thing, and when replacing headlights in my Patriot and Impala both, they'll also get the same treatment.

XtraVision® Headlight Bulb - More Downroad | SYLVANIA Automotive

Here's what the Xtravision looks like just in the snowmobile, and it's amazing. I look forward to putting it in the rest of my vehicles. With that kinda light just from a sled, it should be more than sufficient for both automobiles. No resistors or projectors or anything of the sort needed or wanted here, just regular "old" fashioned lights that plug right in.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys I'm new in this forum. I've been reading through & I think its great. I'm thinking of changing my headlamp bulbs to LED in which I did & it flickers due to the canbus. Can anyone recommend a pair of Led' s that are compatible or even the ones with the decoder. I even ordered the RIGID brand decoder & it still does not work. I'm looking for 6000K - 6500K preferably. Let me know if you guys can guide me. It's a 2009 Jeep Patriot 2.4L . Thanks
Amazon sealight 9008/h13 led resistors for 24.99 I have these on my 2011 keep and they work great

1 - 7 of 7 Posts