Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we had a decent rain storm the other night, nothing out of the ordinary. All of a sudden water starts pouring in from the back dome light. I checked it out after the rain and the seals are good and there are no holes in the back, any ideas?

·
Registered
871 Posts
The most common areas for water leakage from the rear dome light are the washer hose and that round coin looking thing all located in the tailgate trough.

Just apply some silicon around each and ensure a good tight seal and you should be good to go. I also had leakage from the satellite antenna located center rear of the roof. I sealed that too and have not had a problem for a while now.

Should you have a sunroof that may also be the culprit although most with sunroofs seem to complain of water coming out the front dome light. This is due to plugged sunroof drains that run down each side between the underside of the roof sheet metal and the headliner and then down both "A" pillars.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Joel, Sorry to hear this. if you search this site for "water leak poll" you will find lots of information, the leak detection guide and service bulletin are quite helpful. If your Pat is still under warranty, take it back to your dealer and demand they fix it. if they claim they never heard of this, show them the service bulletin. If they still give you a hard time, refer them to this site and tell THEM to search for "water leak poll". Good luck.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts