Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so my 2017 patriot that i bought brand new august 1st 2017 has a leaking rear dome light. 27,300 miles.

i searched and see others have experienced the same issue.

seems that the water from rain comes through the rear washer hose grommet, leaks into headliner then exits the dome light. I have a video.

i also have noticed a musty smell in the car now.

i called my dealer, and they said to me they don't do leaks and that they have to have some special guy come out to look at it.

I explained to the sr that this is a common issue on these patriots and that the problem is the grommet and that is a jeep/fiat part and i can't understand why they need a special guy and not a normal tech.

he finally said they would take a look friday morning and if their tech can't address, they will get the special guy. I sense a multiple visit headache approaching, all for a simple water leak. As many people as have complained, why is there no TSB?

Anyhow, i am hoping jeepcares can grease the wheels to get this resolved asap. Also, i requested a loaner car while they have it as i have added care plus lifetime, and he said that doesn't kick in until my factory warranty expires. Uh, no. it says in the paperwork that it starts at day one for rentals and stuff- as far as i recall. Maybe not for actual repairs, but rentals/roadside assistance etc.

here we go.

maybe my oldest and youngest sons have the right idea by buying old cars and fixing themselves.

·
Registered
798 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so dropped off this morning, they let me have a 2019 wrangler 4x4 trail rated as a loaner. Nice. They called and said they replaced the grommet where the rear washer hose goes int- but didn't think it was leaking. Rather, they found that the whole rear weather stripping needed to be replaced and ordered the part and they should have it fixed tomorrow- which is nice as that is a Saturday.

this dealer is light years ahead of the one i have been going.

will update once i get back and it rains enough to test.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
so dropped off this morning, they let me have a 2019 wrangler 4x4 trail rated as a loaner. Nice. They called and said they replaced the grommet where the rear washer hose goes int- but didn't think it was leaking. Rather, they found that the whole rear weather stripping needed to be replaced and ordered the part and they should have it fixed tomorrow- which is nice as that is a Saturday.

this dealer is light years ahead of the one i have been going.

will update once i get back and it rains enough to test.
Hello silverflash,
We are glad you are working alongside your dealer to assist you with your recent concern. Please keep us updated on your dealer visit. If we can be of any assistance, feel free to send us a direct message. We'd be glad to help.
Laura
JeepCares

1 - 4 of 4 Posts