Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been poking around the threads looking for what size tires I should upgrade to for my 2016 Jeep Patriot 4x4 Sport and having trouble finding a clear answer. Looks like 235/65R-16 or 235/60R-16 might be my best bet at larger tires without rubbing/modifications? Currently on stock 205/70R-16...thanks for the help.

·
7,689 Posts
I'm with Sandstone above ^^

In the past I've run 225-75/16s I took off our Wrangler, but I got a slight rub with them on my Patriot. I'm a pretty easy driver: I don't brake hard, don't corner hard, and any off-roading is on decent trails. Therefore, I get no body lean, no hard bouncing, nor crash landings. If you're looking to make your Patriot work, I'd say either don't go that big, or get a lift.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Been poking around the threads looking for what size tires I should upgrade to for my 2016 Jeep Patriot 4x4 Sport and having trouble finding a clear answer. Looks like 235/65R-16 or 235/60R-16 might be my best bet at larger tires without rubbing/modifications? Currently on stock 205/70R-16...thanks for the help.
I also have a 2016 Patriot I bought used. It came with 226/60r17 tires on it, from what see there is no issues with any rubbing. I'm considering goi.g up to a 245/65/17 tires but I'm also doing a 2 3/8" lift kits on it. If anyone here can advise me about that I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also have a 2016 Patriot I bought used. It came with 226/60r17 tires on it, from what see there is no issues with any rubbing. I'm considering goi.g up to a 245/65/17 tires but I'm also doing a 2 3/8" lift kits on it. If anyone here can advise me about that I'd greatly appreciate it. I forgot to mention my Patriot is the High Altitude version.

·
Super Moderator
4,150 Posts
I also have a 2016 Patriot I bought used. It came with 226/60r17 tires on it, from what see there is no issues with any rubbing. I'm considering goi.g up to a 245/65/17 tires but I'm also doing a 2 3/8" lift kits on it. If anyone here can advise me about that I'd greatly appreciate it.

Here's some threads you can check out :

·
Registered
25 Posts
I also have a 2016 Patriot I bought used. It came with 225/60r17 tires on it, from what see there is no issues with any rubbing. I'm considering goi.g up to a 245/65/17 tires but I'm also doing a 2 3/8" lift kits on it. If anyone here can advise me about that I'd greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Sorry, should of been 225/60/17 NOT 226

·
Registered
36 Posts
U may need spacers if u want to put tyres that big on ur factory wheels and would probably need to flatten out the pinch welds.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I'm new at this so I don't understand pinch welds ? If I put a lift on it would 245 size fit then or should I go with a 235 tire size ? I think I read on this forum somewhere that a 235 will fit without a lift.

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
As somebody who ran with a lift and 245/65r17 tires. unless you're doing hard core off roading (as much as a patriot can do). Just don't. You're CV joins will be destroyed, and you'll have constant vibration and rubbing issues. I stand by my original suggestion:
235/75r15 on wheels with 4" of backspacing. You'll get the look you're wanting, with no compromises.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thank you for the info. I have 17" rims though with 225/60/17 tires now. If I understand what your saying just go with a 235/75/17 tire with no lift but I'd like to keep the wider tire look with 235/65/17. I was looking at other posts and I see what your talking about with issues putting a lift on. I really have no plans to do much if any off road play. Just want more clearance being I live in an area where we can get several feet of snow in just a few hours in the winter. Thanks again

·
Registered
7,337 Posts
a 235/75r17 WILL NOT FIT.

Depending on the tire, 235/65r17's on stock wheels may rub. (not all tires are the same size/fit the same). I recommend going to the 15" wheel, since you can, at the same time, get something with less back spacing, meaning the tire is pushed out a bit more from stock. This will reduce your chance of rubbing on things like the pinch weld in the back of the fender, or on the inner fender liner. To run 245/65r17's on stock wheels, I had to run 1.5" spacers... spacers are not a good idea in my opinion. and with a 15" wheel with a larger tire, you can air down a lot further, and get much better tracking on the snow.

I had the RRO lift on my 2012, and had vibration issues constantly, but I also wheeled my patriot pretty hard, so I was expecting to have to replace broken parts anyways, so it didn't reduce the longevity of my vehicle when I was already beating it up off road.

·
Registered
25 Posts
  • Thanks for the detailed information. I'm fairly new at this so I'm not very educated on the whole off road parts and what will work and what wont on the Patriot. Again, thanks for the info ! Oh btw I have installed a K/N filter charger kit and a high flow exhaust. That really seemed help that 2.4L wake up a bit.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts