Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of winter rims with the same bolt pattern as our 2015 Patriot Limited (215/60R17) but the rim width and offset are different. Stock appears to be 6.5Jx17 ET40 while the rims I have are 7Jx17 ET50. I realize that these dimensions would put the rim and tire closer to the suspension components but does anybody know if this would still work? I know I can get under there and measure with what the backspacing is now compared to the estimated new backspacing but I'm looking for some real world experience or knowledge.

·
Super Moderator
4,075 Posts
I ran the rims on a comparer with the stock tire size, it says it's .4 inch closer but probably ok.

You could try doing a search for that rim size and see if anyone else has posted on it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah, I used that calc too. I'm a little confused as it says 0.4" closer but the backspace shows 0.6" difference. Now, I note that it shows the stock wheel has a rim lip of 0.2" with no rim lip on the comparison rim so I'm assuming that's where 0.4" comes from (0.6" minus 0.2") although I'm not clear on how the rim lip decreases that difference.

·
Vendor
415 Posts
Hi, CSF-

Based on the measurements we show for a 7-inch wide wheel for you vehicle, the highest offset you can run is +65mm, so the +50mm offset wheels you have may very well work as long as the wheels have the correct hub bore and weight rating for your application.

As for the lip confusion, this is due to the fact that a wheels width is from bead seat to bead seat, not lip to lip.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi, CSF-

Based on the measurements we show for a 7-inch wide wheel for you vehicle, the highest offset you can run is +65mm, so the +50mm offset wheels you have may very well work as long as the wheels have the correct hub bore and weight rating for your application.

As for the lip confusion, this is due to the fact that a wheels width is from bead seat to bead seat, not lip to lip.
Thanks for the reply. Much appreciated!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts