Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm waiting on my PCM from Flagship One. It should be here later this week.

I was talking to a coworker and he said he just recently used them and could not get the keys programmed on the Chevy he was working on. He ended up having to have the car towed somewhere and had to pay a company $150 to program the keys. He said they send you directions on how to do it but he could not get it to work.

I found this on the Flagship One website...

"Plug & Play or Plug ‘N Drive refers to all control modules that don’t require additional programming. Most units before 1996 (OBD I) are referred to as plug-n-play. All of our Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth & Jeep units are sold as Plug & Play."

I also found this on YouTube...

To find out he had to take it somewhere was a bit of a curveball this morning. Based on that information I pasted from their website I'm wondering if he had issues because he was trying to do it on a Chevy.

I'm just wondering if anyone on here has had any experience with them.

·
Administrator
8,545 Posts
The individual key info on the Patriot is stored in the SKREEM / WCM inside the steering column.

When a new PCM is installed, the PCM is "supposed" to receive the "secret key" code from the WCM.
Font Screenshot Publication Terrestrial plant Number

If the secret key code doesn't transfer to the PCM, supposedly a p0633 code can be set.

All that said, another member here apparently "plug n played" a FS1 PCM without any additional programming:

Hopefully yours will work the same way.....🤞

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The individual key info on the Patriot is stored in the SKREEM / WCM inside the steering column.

When a new PCM is installed, the PCM is "supposed" to receive the "secret key" code from the WCM.
View attachment 97561

If the secret key code doesn't transfer to the PCM, supposedly a p0633 code can be set.

All that said, another member here apparently "plug n played" a FS1 PCM without any additional programming:

Hopefully yours will work the same way.....🤞
Thanks Sandstone! Hopefully all goes well once it actually gets here. Ordered Saturday and hasn't shipped yet.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Did yours work? After reseaching I may have this issue when new main wirning harness was installed...Seems I get all electicals to work but it wont start when key is turned over.
Still waiting on mine. I ordered it on the 5th. I must have misinterpreted their 2-7 business days. I assumed that meant I would have it in 2-7 days. Emailed them on the 5th business day and they had just started programming it.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Still waiting on mine. I ordered it on the 5th. I must have misinterpreted their 2-7 business days. I assumed that meant I would have it in 2-7 days. Emailed them on the 5th business day and they had just started programming it.
I went with these guys from Ebay 2012 Patriot 2.4L AT Engine computer P68070204 ECM PCM "Programmed to your VIN" | eBay They are pretty quick 3 day turnaround, 1st PCM didnt work and they sent me out on a 2nd one, which I am waiting for the mechanic to tell me if it worked. I have a feeling it wont. I have a feeling my WCM is out of wack, due to the car being unhooked to the battery for 2+ months

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I went with these guys from Ebay 2012 Patriot 2.4L AT Engine computer P68070204 ECM PCM "Programmed to your VIN" | eBay They are pretty quick 3 day turnaround, 1st PCM didnt work and they sent me out on a 2nd one, which I am waiting for the mechanic to tell me if it worked. I have a feeling it wont. I have a feeling my WCM is out of wack, due to the car being unhooked to the battery for 2+ months
I'll post up here when I get mine and let you know how it goes.

A guy I spoke to at work had the same problem you had and had to take it to someone to get HIS keys programmed to it.

Apparently (not sure) they should come with a key or keys. My idea was to pull the electronics out of the keys it comes with and swap those out the electronics in my keys. This is assuming it's going to come with keys and they are factory looking keys. I think it's going to be some wishful thinking.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'll post up here when I get mine and let you know how it goes.

A guy I spoke to at work had the same problem you had and had to take it to someone to get HIS keys programmed to it.

Apparently (not sure) they should come with a key or keys. My idea was to pull the electronics out of the keys it comes with and swap those out the electronics in my keys. This is assuming it's going to come with keys and they are factory looking keys. I think it's going to be some wishful thinking.
I am actaully talking to some mobile key guys now and asking them if they do that...I have a feeling that PCM is fine and theres just a mismatch with the key and WCM...I woulldnt suprise me since the Patriot is just like that

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I am actaully talking to some mobile key guys now and asking them if they do that...I have a feeling that PCM is fine and theres just a mismatch with the key and WCM...I woulldnt suprise me since the Patriot is just like that
Got my PCM this morning from Flagship One.

Jeep fired right up using my original keys. Good thing because they didn't send any keys with it.

Now...will this fix any issues I have been having...? Time will tell.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well... Within 48 hours the 'ol ETC light came back on at a stop light.

No performance issues as usual.

So...back to square one...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts