Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,

New to the forum. Hoping you don’t mind a question as my first post!

I have a 2007 uk Jeep Patriot 2.0 diesel sport.

The problem is once driving and stopping, I remove the key from the ignition however the dash reads “key in ignition” and the door chime comes on warning me of this. Also, due to this the remote central locking doesn’t work.

I hastily guessed at an ignition switch problem so fitted a good used spare part which hasn’t solved the problem.

Any idea what to look at first? I have wiring diagrams (although I need to learn how to read them) so I’ll have a look to see if the ignition switch is telling the car the key has actually been removed.

Thanks in advance
Fraser

·
Registered
18 Posts
My 2009 patriot is in the shop right now with the same reason. And they can't figure it out. They said they have to rip the whole dash out to run more test. smh

I'm thinking it's the sensor around the ignition key slot.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Hi folks,

New to the forum. Hoping you don’t mind a question as my first post!

I have a 2007 uk Jeep Patriot 2.0 diesel sport.

The problem is once driving and stopping, I remove the key from the ignition however the dash reads “key in ignition” and the door chime comes on warning me of this. Also, due to this the remote central locking doesn’t work.

I hastily guessed at an ignition switch problem so fitted a good used spare part which hasn’t solved the problem.

Any idea what to look at first? I have wiring diagrams (although I need to learn how to read them) so I’ll have a look to see if the ignition switch is telling the car the key has actually been removed.

Thanks in advance
Fraser
Found the problem! Check your IOD SENS fuse. 30amp

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Problem solved

The fused b+ ignition wire fr9m the tipm was broken. Found the fault, fixed it and it’s all working again

·
Super Moderator
5,119 Posts
Thanks have tried that. no luck
Ok.

For the OP the solution apparently was:

"The fuse 17 feed wire to the wcm was broken. It’s a small red and green wire. It was broken in the front left wheel arch.
It’s symptoms it solved were constant warning chime stating key in ignition when that wasn’t the case. Also the remote locking wouldn’t work. "

Check fuse 17 if you haven't already.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts