Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just to introduce myself...
I'm an old guy that always wanted a REAL jeep but never could afford that & motorcycles too.
A stroke last year ended my bike activities & driving too... for awhile.. Sold my truck, RV, & car & started looking for something that was fun & economical & didn't cost much. It had to be new because I can't do my own work anymore.
After looking at all the Japanese & Korean stuff, (don't laugh, I almost bought a Cube), my son-in-lay says,"Have you thought about a Jeep Patriot? They're in your price range. No... I hadn't thought about one, I didn't know I could get a plain one that cheap.
Now, I have a red one, 2.4 engine, CVT & nothing else and I love it. I don't know what some people are talking about when they say it's gutless & noisy.
Getting up to speed on freeway on- ramps is a snap & it's one of the quieter cars I've owned in my life.
Seats & entry/exit were a big issue for me because of what the stroke did to me. This was the real clincher for me after sitting in just about everything with wheels.
Anyway, the Patriot is a very practical, no-nonsense little car that can fill a multitude of needs as long as you don't expect too much.

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Nice choice paparon --I'm 65 & swapped my CRD Pat , due to my wifes operation & access problems , regretted it ever since . Now her hips & knee is more mobile she says " What did you get rid of that nice Jeep for ? , I'm much better now"

I love the Avenger , but I still post on here because I'm missing my Jeep.

My Avenger is losing money fast , so in the New Year I can see me jumping back on the Patriot Bandwagon---

You made a great choice !!---Welcome!

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
Welcome! Glad that you're back to doing some more things, like driving, and I hope you can continue to do some things you enjoy.

Post some photos of your Patriot when you can.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome folks!
I haven't taken any pictures yet. I don't know how to post them on this forum even if I did have some. Maybe somebody could help? Being a life-long do it yourselfer, I've been able to figure out a lot of "stuff" on the computer but this is one thing I can't do.
Hey, I've got a question. That silly flashlight in the back falls out too easy.I've knocked it out several times loading my little mobility scooter. Is this common? Or do I need to see my dealer. I hate to go there unless I have to because their service dept is noted, locally, as a good place to take a perfectlty good car & getting it screwed up.

·
Registered
429 Posts
welcome!!!

nice to read your thread, enjoy your jeep!!! it´s very nice, and the color rules!! ;)

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
I don;t have the flashlight in back, so I can;t help you with that one, sorry.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Posting pictures on forums like this one:

1. Place your photo on your computer desktop, or somewhere else where it is easy to find.
2. Go to: http://imageshack.us/?no_multi=1
3. Click the browse button and find your photo.
4. Click on "Upload Now".
5. Left-click on your photo's code in "Forum Code" to highlight it.
6. Right-click on the same code and choose "Copy".
7. Visit a forum like this, right-click "Paste" and your photo will appear in your message.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks, christo, I'll give it a try & see what happens. Gotta take a picture or 2 of the Jeep 1st.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for the welcome folks!
I haven't taken any pictures yet. I don't know how to post them on this forum even if I did have some. Maybe somebody could help? Being a life-long do it yourselfer, I've been able to figure out a lot of "stuff" on the computer but this is one thing I can't do.
Hey, I've got a question. That silly flashlight in the back falls out too easy.I've knocked it out several times loading my little mobility scooter. Is this common? Or do I need to see my dealer. I hate to go there unless I have to because their service dept is noted, locally, as a good place to take a perfectlty good car & getting it screwed up.
My flashlight in the back hasn't fell yet. I guess if you hit it the right way (pushing up) it will pop down, but you need to slide it out of its tabs to release it.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts