Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found this article on MSN just thought I would share.

Jeep discontinued the Patriot in 2017 when it introduced the latest version of its compact Compass crossover. Despite the fact that it's three full model years old, there are still some Patriots milling about on Jeep dealerships across America. In total, Jeep sold 16 Patriots in 2021, which somehow is 13 more than they sold in 2020. 馃殾

Unsponsored Baja racer
That's not too uncommon, I heard rumors of unsold Vipers on dealer lots until recently, and one dealer in greater LA even had a GNX sitting on their lot until a few years ago, purposely not selling it because the owner liked it so much.

Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
I never realized cars sat unsold like that... I know it's pretty common for motorcycles, my current bike is a '15 that I purchased "brand new" in '19.

Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I never realized cars sat unsold like that... I know it's pretty common for motorcycles, my current bike is a '15 that I purchased "brand new" in '19.
I didn't know that as well. But with that said if it was never titled then it was sold as New with a full factory warranty.

Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
Yep. I got the full warranty on my motorcycle. I even got the dealer to throw in a 3 year factory extended warranty for free. They really wanted that bike out of their showroom. I think it's because it's not a very popular model in the US.

Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yep. I got the full warranty on my motorcycle. I even got the dealer to throw in a 3 year factory extended warranty for free. They really wanted that bike out of their showroom. I think it's because it's not a very popular model in the US.
That could be about getting the bike out of the showroom but as long as you like the bike that's all that matters. And that's cool that you got the extended warranty. sounds like you got a good deal.

Registered
but as long as you like the bike that's all that matters. And that's cool that you got the extended warranty. sounds like you got a good deal.
Yep. Exactly.

Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
Mine wasn't quite that leftover, but when I bought my 2008 in early 2009 it was still sitting on the showroom floor. I suspect it was there as a loss-leader, i.e., "see what $15,000 will buy you," and then they upsell the customer to something that costs $10,000 more. Mine was bare-bones FWD, and in NH everybody thinks they need 4wd because it snows here. Then Jeep fell into deep financial trouble and couldn't sell this one being a left-over without many options. They were willing to deal even off their discounted price and they added a few options I wanted at no cost.

In this market I can't believe there are many left-over anythings out there.

Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Mine wasn't quite that leftover, but when I bought my 2008 in early 2009 it was still sitting on the showroom floor. I suspect it was there as a loss-leader, i.e., "see what $15,000 will buy you," and then they upsell the customer to something that costs $10,000 more. Mine was bare-bones FWD, and in NH everybody thinks they need 4wd because it snows here. Then Jeep fell into deep financial trouble and couldn't sell this one being a left-over without many options. They were willing to deal even off their discounted price and they added a few options I wanted at no cost.

At this point about anything left over I would have to agree.

Registered
There was a Chevy dealer near me which kept some of the more interesting unsold cars at the end of the model year and would display them from time to time. I remember seeing a 54 belair? And a 75 impala convertible in the show room during the '80S with the window stickers still attached. He wouldn't sell them for that price, though!

Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
There was a Chevy dealer near me which kept some of the more interesting unsold cars at the end of the model year and would display them from time to time. I remember seeing a 54 belair? And a 75 impala convertible in the show room during the '80S with the window stickers still attached. He wouldn't sell them for that price, though!
That would have been cool to see them.

Unsponsored Baja racer
Remember, lots of folks these days are unreasonably picky. And everybody wants all the toys. So I can potentially believe it. Plus, factor in I won't buy a vehicle that does have all that crap on it, and there may be others like me...somewhere....so there's that too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts