Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So have a question for everyone. My baby sitter went to jump her car hooked up cables wrong. Its a 2016 jeep patriot 2.0 engine. Ran a diagnostic on it is reading nothing. It will crank is sending fuel to injectors. Put a new crank shaft sensor in it replaces the pcm checked fuses and relays. There is no sparks coming out of the coil packs. Running out of ideals of what it can be. I do know when starter cranks it does keep cranking when you let go of the key. Anyone have any ideals of why its not sending a spark to the coil packs?

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,397 Posts
Have you checked all of the fuses and relays? There are fuses and relays in the TIPM next to the air cleaner, and relays in a relay box down under the left headlight/battery.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah checked all of those switched relays around. Was some corrosion on the relays cleaned them still same thing

·
Super Moderator
8,817 Posts
Ouch! The poor girl really did a job. I'm going to guess this won't be simple to fix. Good luck and please keep us posted.

·
Administrator
6,467 Posts
So have a question for everyone. My baby sitter went to jump her car hooked up cables wrong. Its a 2016 jeep patriot 2.0 engine. Ran a diagnostic on it is reading nothing. It will crank is sending fuel to injectors. Put a new crank shaft sensor in it replaces the pcm checked fuses and relays. There is no sparks coming out of the coil packs. Running out of ideals of what it can be. I do know when starter cranks it does keep cranking when you let go of the key. Anyone have any ideals of why its not sending a spark to the coil packs?
With all that's happened it's hard to say what all could be wrong, the PCM and other electrical modules could have been damaged.

Per the manual:

Try checking to see if the 5 volt reference is present.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts