Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have so many subjects on here and if I have an old one I already have a thread on I may just bump the thread. Here is my own thread

I was searching for my phone, went out to Jeep, accidently left driver door opened, went back into house , found it in gym bag, and forgot to shut my door

The battery didnt die, but it did rain and now my power windows , seem slower esp when going up. When I start my engine the driver side windows goes down. The up and down driver control button sticks when I control window up or down. The only thing that I can think of is water got in and caused this. anyone know how to remedy this?

·
Administrator
2014 2.0 5-spd FWD
9,025 Posts
I hope you didn't get any corrosion. The cheap way is to patiently wait for it to thoroughly dry. Park it in the sun with that door on the sunny side. Might take a few days. Unfortunately summer is past -- a good 90 degree day would really help. At least it's not the dead of winter when water could freeze in there.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,640 Posts
I agree with Ignatz. It's probably just water in the switch. It's not very difficult to remove the switch assembly, so you could also pop it out and put in in a 250 degree oven for an hour or so. That'll be hot enough to dry it out but not nearly hot enough to damage it. Here's a video that shows how to get to the switch...

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Switching to crank windows and manual locks would permanently solve the problem, though I can't say if that's something you'd be willing to do.

·
Unsponsored Baja racer
4,806 Posts
Mine too, and while that's not how I wanted it at first, it grew on me pretty quick. Plus, well....Jeep. Watched a Ben Shapiro lecture recently that sounded suspiciously like what I've been saying here for years, haha. "People want to be coddled", he said.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it dried up because it didnt do that today.

I have another issue, all my oil leaked out , seems to have a rapid leak. Further, Patriot is in the shop being looked at.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well it does it sometimes now. so im hoping it dries up. I like the roll up windows idea

Company I go to said, front oil seal or crankshaft seal needs replacement which is normal wear and tear. Oil totally leaked out of it, my last oil change. and this time no warning, oil leaked out in a couple or few days.

OCt. 6 I had a radiator put in 544.78

I had a crankshaft position sensor put in, and it must have been a used one because it died , while on vacation, in May, and had to pay a guy 300 for another one he put in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts