Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
on my Jeep the left front blinker won’t work when I turn my headlights on at night or when it gets dark but when I turn them off and I turn my left blinker on it works can somebody help me solve this

·
Registered
2 Posts
on my Jeep the left front blinker won’t work when I turn my headlights on at night or when it gets dark but when I turn them off and I turn my left blinker on it works can somebody help me solve this
I've got a similar situation with my 2010 Patriot. Just replaced the bulb, but the problem remains. Any help would be much appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
5,550 Posts
In the case where the bulb works until the headlights are turned on it's more than likely a bad turn signal switch.

Per the manual, here's how the turn signal function works through the system:

In a case where the bulb doesn't light and has been replaced it could still be the switch, but it could also be a problem with the bulb socket or wiring to it, which would be troubleshot using a DVM

Try turning the hazard lights on.

If the bulb blinks then you have continuity from the TIPM to the bulb, and the problem is more likely the blinker switch, the clockspring, or possibly the instrument cluster or associated wiring/connections.

If it doesn't blink, then verify the socket and TIPM wiring/connectors with the DVM and replace/repair as needed.

Turn signal wiring diagrams and ground locations below:

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts