Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

JeepPatriot.com gets an upgrade!​

We have upgraded our forum software to the latest and greatest version. This new version adds in Social Networking. Now we basically have a "Facebook" kind of Social Networking right here on JeepPatriot.com. Check out the Community link up top. You can create Social Groups (similar to groups on Facebook), keep track of your "Friends" and all sorts of stuff.

In the same vein, check out your user profile which you can now personalize with your own user-created themes!

What else? (I've highlighted some of the stuff you'll notice pretty quickly)
* Tag threads to assist in finding relevant information
* Social group discussions
* Social group categories
* Private message sorting and filtering
* Private message history
* Quick edit for newer types of content (visitor messages and picture comments)
* Social group icons
* Private message quick reply
* Private message reporting
* Profile privacy (limit what portions of your profile others can view)

Amongst all the cool stuff, it also beefs up the security of the website and requires you to be a bit more careful in the passwords you choose. Anyone whose password was the same as their username have had their passwords automatically reset (you will have received an email with a temporary password which you can reset in the UserCP). You may no longer have the same password as your username.

As always, major upgrades like these will cause some little nagging glitches and minor world-ending side-effects. If you cannot log in or you continuously get bounced out, visit THIS thread for a fix.

If you have any lingering issues or something...is....on....the....wing, just post your problems and take a ticket over in the Suggestions / Tech Support forum and we'll do our best to help you out.

As always, thanks for making JeepPatriot.com the best website for the Jeep Patriot and Compass! Enjoy the new features!

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
You'll notice that we also have a new "Pictures and Albums" section under the Community tab up top. I'd like for everyone to start using that gallery as we ween ourselves off of the old gallery software as well. :) MUCH more stable!

·
just an average Joe
3,284 Posts
Very cool DMAG.
There is so much new fun stuff that I don't know where to start.
Unfortunately though, now I have to make some friends...
highschool all over again :doh: point me to the nerd corner of the site...

The site is so nice I felt compelled to become a supporter. :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
This is all TOO cool!
But before I start downloading a bunch of pictures to our new albums..are the size requirements still the same or did they increase in size at all?

And Joe..I know how ya feel except I was never smart enough to be ABLE to be called a nerd. :p

Show me the "kept-to-himself-and-probably-went-postal-as-an-adult" corner.:D

·
POTM June 08
1,247 Posts
Very nice toys Anthony! Appreciate all the hard work.

·
Premium Member
582 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This is all TOO cool!
But before I start downloading a bunch of pictures to our new albums..are the size requirements still the same or did they increase in size at all?
Good call, I completely forgot to get to that....when I get home tonight I'll the permission structure all worked out and ensure everyone gets the sizes they should. Heck, I'll even up them a bit. ;)

·
Premium Member
3,031 Posts
Good call, I completely forgot to get to that....when I get home tonight I'll the permission structure all worked out and ensure everyone gets the sizes they should. Heck, I'll even up them a bit. ;)
(in my best Smithers voice) : Egggsellent!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.