Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Want a build sheet for your MK?
Looking to buy and need to confirm options, like which transmission?

All you need is the VIN!

Copy and paste the link below (minus quotes) into your browser , then replace the xxxx.... with your 17 digit VIN and you should get your vehicle's build sheet in PDF format. Letters are case sensitive. Don't include hyphen's.

"http://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/BuildSheetServlet?vin=xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx"

·
Registered
330 Posts
That doesn't work for me, I get sent to an error message.

EDIT: Found that you have to click on the link and then enter your vin in the address bar, copy and paste led me to an error page

·
Registered
152 Posts
Well this is just great. I downloaded both and compared them. No surprises, but does anyone know what is meant by Firm Feel Power Steering since I didn't see sloppy power steering as an option. And Rear Seat Heat Ducts? Where are they?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Well this is just great. I downloaded both and compared them. No surprises, but does anyone know what is meant by Firm Feel Power Steering since I didn't see sloppy power steering as an option. And Rear Seat Heat Ducts? Where are they?
Maybe "firm feel" is like their brand name for power steering? As for the rear seat heat ducts, they are under the front seats.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks you for this link dude, I was looking for the tires size but was not sure as it's a north edition (infos not available everywhere on the web or contradictory) , now I am sure ... 215 65 17 !

·
Registered
98 Posts
There was a time when build sheets were left in the vehicle although you had to hunt around for them. I still have one from a monte carlo I had in 1984, found it stuck in the springs under the front seat!

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thanks for the link. Now i have proof positive that my 2011 has the cvt ll trans but no oil cooler. Was thinking about doin a trailer hitch but wasnt sure bout doin one due to the miles 94k. Now i am looking to do the oil cooler to help with possibly towing long distance. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This should probably be in another section, but anyway, adding an engine oil cooler certainly won't hurt for long distance towing, though I would keep the load as light as possible.

I'd also be sure the transmission fluid and filters have been recently serviced, and you might consider adding an aftermarket trans cooler along with the factory one to help keep the trans temp down.

·
Registered
160 Posts

·
Registered
160 Posts
Thanks for sharing. The build sheet will be very useful in the future.

·
Super Moderator
4,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You're welcome!

And I'll mention too, that it works for other Jeep/Dodge/Chrysler products as well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts