Jeep Patriot Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Looked for oil leak under Jeep after it sat two days. No Leak. No play or sound when pushing tires down. The brakes look a little rusty. Don't know if I should go to dealer garage or go have brakes fixed first.

·
Registered
2012 Patriot Latitude 2.4l 4wd
30 Posts
Flesz, when you check the cv axle for play, make sure there is no load on it. Like if you were parked on an incline. I’m going through the same problem in trying to isolate a road noise. My driveway has the slightest incline. I lay down and ,right hand, sort of roll the car , by the wheel, forward to take the load off the axle/transmission and the other hand check the axle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
well took it in today and told two bad wheel bearings and brakes are worn down....I knew I needed to replace the brakes...just gonna be big $...

·
Registered
11 Posts
Next time we can help talk you through doing these yourself and you can same $$. Glad you will be noise free and rolling smoothly soon enough.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
well it turned out to be pretty expensive....New brakes and both front wheel bearings...they don't come separate, only in the knuckle so that was a bit more....I did ask for a coupon on the brake job and saved 10% which they took off the top of the whole bill...Being in a big city, I have nowhere to do repairs like this, although I would try if I had the space...

·
Super Moderator
5,381 Posts
He means the bearings and knuckles don't come separately. Bearings can be bought separately, but they have to be removed from and installed into the hub with a press.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts