Jeep Patriot Forums banner

jeep patriot is the perfect jeep for non-offroaders- change my mind.

2K views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  Alabama 
#1 ·
pros-
best 4x4 in it's class (price point)
easy maintenance
true 4x4 when locked
best offroad angles- ground clearance, approach and departure angles
excellent mpgs for it's class/capability
inexpensive when new or used
most reliable of all of jeep's products- read that someplace
lots of space in the jeep with rear seats down.
jeep look and feel
station wagon feel

cons-
has some reliability/durability issues on some models- cvt comes to mind and suspension parts perhaps.

if jeep would have spent just alittle more on quality control, these would have been way more popular.

my jeep will take me anywhere i want or need to go including snowy (inch or 2) mountain trails and the beach, all with getting over 20mpg and easy maintenance.

See less See more
#3 ·
pros-
best 4x4 in it's class (price point)
easy maintenance
true 4x4 when locked
best offroad angles- ground clearance, approach and departure angles
excellent mpgs for it's class/capability
inexpensive when new or used
most reliable of all of jeep's products- read that someplace
lots of space in the jeep with rear seats down.
jeep look and feel
station wagon feel

cons-
has some reliability/durability issues on some models- cvt comes to mind and suspension parts perhaps.

if jeep would have spent just alittle more on quality control, these would have been way more popular.

my jeep will take me anywhere i want or need to go including snowy (inch or 2) mountain trails and the beach, all with getting over 20mpg and easy maintenance.
I think the "trail rated" package is superb and what you need to go offroad. Skid plates, low range, intelligent traction.

#4 ·
except for the cvt. which is the Achilles heal of the model imho.

#8 ·
Loved mine, especially the mileage. (2011 Sport 5 sp manual) Rode and drove great. Dependable in Indiana winters. Pulled my fishing boat on a 1300 mile round trip to Canada with no hiccups at all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.