Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If my frame is so rusted on my Jeep that it probably won't pass inspection next year does that make it dangerous to drive? Mechanic says no, and that it won't break. Any thoughts or advice. Thank you

·
Super Moderator
5,642 Posts
As long as it doesn't have holes rusted through it, it's probably ok but you may want to start spraying it with Fluid Film inside and out to slow the rust down, and start saving up for replacing it.

If you can, post some pics and we might be able to tell a little more.

·
Registered
354 Posts
No matter what we say, it's up to you. I would ask this: do you feel safe driving it in the current condition 🤔

·
8,422 Posts
I'd get a second opinion. As above, surface rust will happen to any vehicle, but a significant number of older Patriots have had enough rust to cause failure. What year is your Patriot? Are you the original owner? FCA extended the warranty to 10 years for rusty frames. There are conditions, but you might be covered.

·
Use the SEARCH feature
1,477 Posts
I agree with the request to post a pic.
How bad is it?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'd get a second opinion. As above, surface rust will happen to any vehicle, but a significant number of older Patriots have had enough rust to cause failure. What year is your Patriot? Are you the original owner? FCA extended the warranty to 10 years for rusty frames. There are conditions, but you might be covered.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

1 - 7 of 7 Posts