Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im needing to replace a spindle assembly & its asking me if it has AWL & some other codes..Is there a tag somewhere that i can find this out so I dont have to call JEEP? I went to jeep.com & didnt see a place to put vin# in

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,125 Posts
If you have the FDII package, that AWL code is another name for it.

Does your gear shift and a L position with "offroad" next to it, if not you don't have AWL

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes it has L & offroad next to it so I guess thats my answer,never noticed that all this time..Thanks a bunch,that helps me to buy the right part,not sure the difference in the spindle but it shows a differnt #

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,125 Posts
Yes it has L & offroad next to it so I guess thats my answer,never noticed that all this time..Thanks a bunch,that helps me to buy the right part,not sure the difference in the spindle but it shows a differnt #
Good job on having a FDII Patriot there isn't many around, enjoy!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey yall... I saw this post and was wondering if anyone know what the actual difference between the parts are? . I have seen both next to each other and only thing I saw different was the non off road one has a small hole drilled near the outer tie rod hole, like 1/4 inch deep. In non-OEM world the part is not available for the off-road one, but is for the NON- off-road one. Curious if anyone has feedback.??

1 - 6 of 6 Posts