Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently for the past year their are moments when my Jeep wont start up when I turned the key all the way , everything gets power my radio works and lights do too but it doesn't crank ; sometimes I can't get it to turn on by removing the positive cable and reconnecting . Sometimes that wont work today I got it to turn on by turning the key and pressing the gas pedal I heard a slight noise but am not sure what to make of it, my guess is the start but I'd appreciate a little feedback from someone who might know a little more about vehicles then I do .

·
Registered
6 Posts
Could be a ton of things but I had a start problem which turned out to be loose connections on the starter motor. You can lie under the car without jacking right at the front and feel this with your hands.

As you lie on your back the starter motor will be above you in a central position.

or you could maybe take the battery out and then the battery box - easy and look from there maybe.

If it is loose then a pair of needle pliers can adjust the connections.

Of course could just be battery. Radio and lights don’t draw much power but cranking does. If you have a lazy starter motor I.e it’s old and needs more power it could just be the battery. I’ve never seen an old battery recover with charging so just chuck a new one in there if you haven’t in the last 3-4 years.

finally it might be the key/immobiliser. If the key battery is low or never changed I would chuck in a new battery. It’s easy to do, just open the fob at the flat head opening point.

could be something else but there’s my two pennies / cents
m

·
Registered
1 Posts
Recently for the past year their are moments when my Jeep wont start up when I turned the key all the way , everything gets power my radio works and lights do too but it doesn't crank ; sometimes I can't get it to turn on by removing the positive cable and reconnecting . Sometimes that wont work today I got it to turn on by turning the key and pressing the gas pedal I heard a slight noise but am not sure what to make of it, my guess is the start but I'd appreciate a little feedback from someone who might know a little more about vehicles then I do .
Did you do something about it? I have the same problem and I don't know where to start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts