Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Sept 2009 POTM
2,915 Posts
I love the Trailhawk and Gladiator pickup.

The others seem too far fetched to make it to reality.

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Ya gotta wait till the 8th! Then you get to see the new Grand Cherokee I guess.

·
Registered
235 Posts
the Gladiator is nice. I presume it will be priced similarly to other Wrangler vehicles. The Trailhawk I'm skeptical will take off. While it might be based on the Wrangler platform (which they repeatedly mention), I'm sure it will still pi$$ off many hardcore Jeep enthusiasts as being too car-like, much like the Compass.

·
Sept 2009 POTM
2,915 Posts
I've always wanted to have my cake, and eat it too.

I want solid axles (so it can be lifted easily), lots of torque, good off-road options, option for open air, drives nice around town, gets decent gas mileage, looks cool, seats 5 and their luggage comfortably, doesn't cost alot.

Piece of cake. Make that vehicle please. :)

·
Registered
18 Posts
I've always wanted to have my cake, and eat it too.

I want solid axles (so it can be lifted easily), lots of torque, good off-road options, option for open air, drives nice around town, gets decent gas mileage, looks cool, seats 5 and their luggage comfortably, doesn't cost alot.

Piece of cake. Make that vehicle please. :)

So you want the off road version of "The Homer" developed by Powell Motors.:)

·
Sept 2009 POTM
2,915 Posts
Hehe.
I could do without the dual-bubble tops though :D

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
the Gladiator is nice. I presume it will be priced similarly to other Wrangler vehicles. The Trailhawk I'm skeptical will take off. While it might be based on the Wrangler platform (which they repeatedly mention), I'm sure it will still pi$$ off many hardcore Jeep enthusiasts as being too car-like, much like the Compass.
No. As long as it has straight axles that allow for easy modification off roaders will embrace the new offering.

It is people like me that don't like the Jeeps that are too plush. ;)

Heated seats :doh:

·
Dark
84 Posts
Honestly, if they build the Gladiator then it will probably be my next vehicle.

·
Registered
621 Posts
Uhm; it's the next Grand Cherokee -- I'm not that excited about it honestly.

^ it'll look something like this... pardon the thoughts, but that is my opinion written on the thing.

The only thing Photoshopped on this, in my opinion, is the background; it looks like a studio shot.
Also - from the words of the designers "It will have no less capability off road than the current model."

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
Heated seats :doh:
Oi!

Heated seats are a brilliant invention. Heating up the Jeep can take a little while sometimes - but the seats warm up right quick. :) Mmm... Comfy warmness...

·
Registered
4,771 Posts
Oi!

Heated seats are a brilliant invention. Heating up the Jeep can take a little while sometimes - but the seats warm up right quick. :) Mmm... Comfy warmness...

I concur but for a different reason. Heated seats alleviate a sore back.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I concur but for a different reason. Heated seats alleviate a sore back.
A must when you live in the UK.. especially when you try to sit on the very cold leather seats when you have a short skirt and or a short top on... Brrrrrrr;)

·
just an average Joe
3,284 Posts
Uhm; it's the next Grand Cherokee -- I'm not that excited about it honestly.
Who really is? The Grand is a very worn out design and urbanizing it more will probably drive down sales even further. The more they make it look like a Durango or Aspen the worse it is going to sell.

It was a good idea to make the Commander (doing a throwback of sorts which has been popular lately), but there was no room for both. If the Commander skin had been the new design of the Grand I think it would have been a success.

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Ref Pic::: The new Nissan , Jeep Cherokee!!!!!!!

·
Registered
147 Posts
Never thought I'd have any use for heated seats, but the Navigatrix really wanted them. Turns out I use them, a lot. They are great for cooler weather and especially driving home after a long, hard hike.

I wonder if the big news from Jeep might have something to do with the Fiat deal?

·
Registered
621 Posts
LINK to New Cherokee! < Lots more pics and information here at AllPar.com

Lots of interesting stuff here; Quadra-Drive, Quadra-Lift, and Command View.. :D
Honestly, I'm looking forward to meeting it in person.. eventually. Looking at the photos, my "Wagoneers" would feel right at home here. lol

·
just an average Joe
3,284 Posts
Thumbs way down on the exterior. :doh:
The assimilation into the collective is now complete. It no longer resembles anything other than a Japanese/European style SUV. :mad:

Chrysler rolls out SUV after government scolding

NEW YORK – It sounds crazy: Just a week after the White House scolded Chrysler LLC for relying too much on gas guzzlers, the company is heading to a marquee auto show Wednesday to unveil a new SUV.

Chrysler insists the Jeep Grand Cherokee, which clocks in at 20 mpg in its two-wheel-drive version and 19 in four-wheel-drive, is a crowd favorite and a crucial part of its lineup.

"This is a very important vehicle for us. It's one of the primary legs of the Chrysler stool," Chrysler spokesman Rick Deneau said. "Customers have told us they want this vehicle and that it's the right size."

The 2011 model is 11 percent more fuel efficient than its predecessor, powered by a cleaner and more powerful engine. Still, Chrysler's decision to debut an SUV as its only new car at the New York International Auto Show seems like odd timing to say the least....

:doh:

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Thumbs way down on the exterior. :doh:
The assimilation into the collective is now complete. It no longer resembles anything other than a Japanese/European style SUV. :mad:
Joe, I don't like it either, but it makes sense for Jeep to make the most capable luxury vehicle on the road in addition to still making more traditional styled vehicle...as long as that styling doesn' creep into the rest of the line up.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts