Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, I'm new to this forum, and relatively new to Jeep. I'd like to start off by saying how much I love my jeep. I love pretty much everything about it. I've not had too many problems with it so far. My main problems have been with the transmission, I haven't figured out quite what went wrong, but it's not something that happens a lot. I've heard that a lot of things go wrong with CVT.

Anyway, back to the reason why you probably opened this post. I managed to get my 0-60 time to 8.2, and that was the second week I had this car. Now that I am more experience with the way the throttle works with the transmission, etc., I think that I can get an even better time.

Keep in mind that my time of 8.2 was with no modifications at all, and I had someone in the passenger seat, 2 large backpacks, and a computer.

I think that I could shave it down to 8 seconds flat if it was just me in the car, with nothing in the trunk. I would like to record my time without my spare tire (I guess that might be considered a modification?) If I time my 0-60 I'll be sure to post it. (keep in mind that I have a shiftable transmission, this cool be the reason for the good time?)

My top speed (on a flat road) is 116, I have it recorded, and everything (on my GPS) Has anyone here had a better time?

Today I saw a guy in a "pimped out" VW, he was going in and out of traffic, and he tried to overtake me, but I floored it, and was much faster than him, even with whatever upgrades he had, he couldn't get passed me. At the light he rolled down his window and asked if I have a Hemi, because my car is very fast (even though I only have the 2.4 L inline 4).. so I thought that was very funny.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions...

thanks,

Edd

·
Unofficial OU Blingmobile
1,032 Posts
Today I saw a guy in a "pimped out" VW, he was going in and out of traffic, and he tried to overtake me, but I floored it, and was much faster than him, even with whatever upgrades he had, he couldn't get passed me. At the light he rolled down his window and asked if I have a Hemi, because my car is very fast (even though I only have the 2.4 L inline 4).. so I thought that was very funny.

Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions...

thanks,

Edd
Welcome Edd. You really don't want to know what I think about the above quote because you might think this isn't a friendly forum and it really is. All I can say is I hope you always get where you are going without killing yourself or anyone else.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I thought that this sort of thing was assumed on forums such as this?

Welcome Edd. You really don't want to know what I think about the above quote because you might think this isn't a friendly forum and it really is. All I can say is I hope you always get where you are going without killing yourself or anyone else.
I thought that maybe it would be assumed by the readers, but I will just say now (because it's not as obvious as I had thought), when testing the performance of my car I do it on PRIVATE property. I am not trying to encourage, nor do I condone unsafe driving habits.

When I mentioned the other car trying to pass me, It was only us on the road (the cars that he had been going in and out of had gone another direction), and I was not driving in excess the speed limit, nor did I do anything that is any more risky than every day driving.

I hope this answers the question about my driving habits.

Thank you for your concern,

Edd

·
Registered
611 Posts
I thought that maybe it would be assumed by the readers, but I will just say now (because it's not as obvious as I had thought), when testing the performance of my car I do it on PRIVATE property. I am not trying to encourage, nor do I condone unsafe driving habits.

When I mentioned the other car trying to pass me, It was only us on the road (the cars that he had been going in and out of had gone another direction), and I was not driving in excess the speed limit, nor did I do anything that is any more risky than every day driving.

I hope this answers the question about my driving habits.

Thank you for your concern,

Edd
heads up, this forum is very conservative, I guess a jeep thing, not like other car forums. People don't like to modify their rides unless it's with a 2" lift

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
heads up, this forum is very conservative, I guess a jeep thing, not like other car forums. People don't like to modify their rides unless it's with a 2" lift
so I've noticed. haha, thanks for letting me know though.

Your car is actually what inspired me to start modifying mine. I saw it on google while I was browsing one day, I love your rims! I have decided to blalck out my taillights as well.

Is a car considered "murdered out" if you have a chrome lip on your rims? Or do you have to have everything completely black?

·
Registered
611 Posts
nice! i have been wanting to get the LED tails ive been seeing on ebay but they're around 300 then it would cost me another 120 to get them tinted. if you're ever gonna want led tails, get them first then black them out so you don't have to pay 2x to get them blacked out (or paint, whichever your gonna do)

so I've noticed. haha, thanks for letting me know though.

Your car is actually what inspired me to start modifying mine. I saw it on google while I was browsing one day, I love your rims! I have decided to blalck out my taillights as well.

Is a car considered "murdered out" if you have a chrome lip on your rims? Or do you have to have everything completely black?

·
Registered
348 Posts
People don't like to modify their rides unless it's with a 2" lift

Hahhaa...not me.. Genghis is getting the full shebang!

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Hmmmm... I dont have the guts to abuse my baby like that. Tho, 20 years ago I wouldn't have hesitated.
Good god...I must be getting old...ok,,I'll be back later..gotta go watch Lawrence Welk re-runs on PBS.Ya gotta love those wide lapeled baby blue coloured suits they all wear.:icon_rolleyes:

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
nice! i have been wanting to get the LED tails ive been seeing on ebay but they're around 300 then it would cost me another 120 to get them tinted. if you're ever gonna want led tails, get them first then black them out so you don't have to pay 2x to get them blacked out (or paint, whichever your gonna do)

Thanks for the advice! How do you like your rims? Are they the 20 inch ones? I think they look amazing, would you recommend them?

·
Registered
611 Posts
Thanks for the advice! How do you like your rims? Are they the 20 inch ones? I think they look amazing, would you recommend them?
hell ya! my only regret is that they don't come in 22"

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
My friend owns one of those things that measures your 0-60.
Um, sorry to be a pest, but the claim "I used one of those things that measure your 0-60" does not exactly fill me with reassurances as to the accuracy of the measurement... :)

Have you calibrated this device in any way? Tested it in another vehicle where the acceleration is known, perhaps?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Um, sorry to be a pest, but the claim "I used one of those things that measure your 0-60" does not exactly fill me with reassurances as to the accuracy of the measurement... :)

Have you calibrated this device in any way? Tested it in another vehicle where the acceleration is known, perhaps?
yes, on this device you put in your vehicle type, and all of its mods etc.. you even put in how much the passengers weigh.. when you set it down, you click calibrate, and then it tells you when to go. It tells you how man gs you produce, your 1/4 mile time, etc...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.