Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 105 Posts

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out to my car about 15 minutes ago to head to lunch and as I pulled away, a nice steady stream of water came pouring out of my sunroof controls/front dome light. Water poured all over the dash, radio, and seats!

Needless to say I called the dealer within minutes and it will be going back there this evening. Whatever the problem is, they better fx it and anything that the pooling water may have damaged! :(

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
That's not good. It's been raining here, I was thinking about checking the seals around the windows for leaks. Anyways, I hope they get it fixed.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the only thing I can think of is is that the channels for the sunroof are clogged. But I dont know what they can be clogged with. There's no trees anywhere near where I park and it certainly hasn't seen very much dirt in the past month!

·
Premium Member
320 Posts
We had a couple of three inch rains here and I had the same problem. I brought it to the dealer and they dropped the headliner and tested it. My body guy said that it leaked so bad the drains could not keep up. They have ordered a new glass and seal section, but there are none avaliable right now. I believe that ours are not the only ones having trouble.

P.S. I have had power moon roofs in every car I owned and this is the first to pee on me...

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
:puke:
I sure hope I dont have to start researching Lemon Laws...
:eek: I am feeling awful queasy after reading this. I just ordered mine yesterday with a sunroof... I hope this isn't a widespread problem.....

·
Registered
516 Posts
I am sorry to hear that Gaze. My dad has been a mechanic for over 25 years and works for GM. First thing he told me, "Don't get it with sunroof". Damm glad to listen to old pop. I hope all is fixed for you Gaze.

·
Registered
822 Posts
Happens on the Liberty's also. The drain tubes get kinked or sometimes the tubes aren't even hooke up. Then if it rains the water just pools in the head liner until you start moving.

·
Registered
82 Posts
With my Compass, it's only happened to me once, and that was when I went through this really powerful Esso carwash, still though, it's not supposed to leak at all. It hasn't been leaking in the rain. I think the pressure from the carwash moved the glass slightly and water got in, it was leaking droplets through the back, nowhere near the controls..... I'll have to get it fixed before winter though, that's for sure!

At least I'm not the only one, let me know what Chrysler does.

·
Premium Member
664 Posts
:pha ha

·
Premium Member
1,429 Posts
I had the same problem with TWO 90 Subaru Legacys. I swore off sunroofs after that. I'm sorry you're having that problem and I hope they can cure it, but I will NEVER get a sun roof from any maker again.

·
Registered
355 Posts
Mine leaks droplets too in high pressure car washes. Only when the roof gets sprayed directly from above.
However, I've driven through a torrential rain storm and didn't get a single droplet.

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
My aftermarket sunroof holds drip dry tight. Since I busted my knee I have only been able to use the laser wash and no sign of leakage or during rain...

Sorry Gaze... one of those posts you would rather not here... :eek:

Jim

1 - 20 of 105 Posts