Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2011 Jeep Patriot sport. I had a warning light with lightning bolt and the traction. I’ve had the throttle body replaced, the thermostat changed and a fuel injector hose fixed. It drove fine for a while. Now while idling the lights came back on and the overhead light started flashing and the car died. I had the car jumped and it started but as soon as the cables come off, it dies. I was told my battery is old and I would need a new one. Could that be the cause?

·
Registered
5 Posts
I have a 2011 Jeep Patriot sport. I had a warning light with lightning bolt and the traction. I’ve had the throttle body replaced, the thermostat changed and a fuel injector hose fixed. It drove fine for a while. Now while idling the lights came back on and the overhead light started flashing and the car died. I had the car jumped and it started but as soon as the cables come off, it dies. I was told my battery is old and I would need a new one. Could that be the cause?
I am currently experencing the same problem with my jeep patriot 2011 i ust order a new PCM to have it replace i saw connector in pcm was sort of black think water must have got into connectors .i replaced throttle body ,replaced alternator sometimes starts and sometimes just dont crank at all i even bought another throttle body thinking thats the problem so i am awaiting pcm to try will let you know what is my outcome thanks.here is a pic of pcm connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am currently experencing the same problem with my jeep patriot 2011 i ust order a new PCM to have it replace i saw connector in pcm was sort of black think water must have got into connectors .i replaced throttle body ,replaced alternator sometimes starts and sometimes just dont crank at all i even bought another throttle body thinking thats the problem so i am awaiting pcm to try will let you know what is my outcome thanks.here is a pic of pcm connector.
Today I bought a new battery and now it’s completely dead. It doesn’t make any sound, it’s just dead dead lol. I am completely lost. Plz keep me updated

·
Registered
17 Posts
Today I bought a new battery and now it’s completely dead. It doesn’t make any sound, it’s just dead dead lol. I am completely lost. Plz keep me updated
Have you had them test the alternator? A bad alternator won't be able to keep a battery charged. Alternatively you could have something drawing power when it's not running (went through that myself learning hands on how to wire an amplifier). Good luck.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I replace my PCm computer and voila engine roared issue was the computer all along.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts