Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
https://www.dailystar.co.uk/news/latest-news/752767/the-rock-dwayne-johnson-movies-hits-out-at-snowflakes-WWE-legend

He "laid the smackdown" on PC softies in an exclusive chat with the Daily Star.

While The People’s Champion applauds the fact nowadays anyone can “be who they want to be” the musclebound man-mountain raged at the constant offence snowflakes take from everything.

The legendary wrestler turned actor says it does a disservice to war heroes who fought for freedom of speech.

F1 banned the much-loved Grid Girls over sexism fears, uni leaders banned clapping in case it upset soft students and there was outcry when equality fools demanded a re-branding of the tasty treats to "Gingerbread People".

As a result, former wrestler The Rock, who made £92million from his blockbuster movies last year, isn’t happy.

He said: “I don’t have to agree with what somebody thinks, who they vote for, what they voted for, what they think, but I will back their right to say or believe it.

“That’s democracy.

“So many good people fought for freedom and equality - but this generation are looking for a reason to be offended.

“If you are not agreeing with them then they are offended - and that is not what so many great men and women fought for.”

The superstar thinks that while the world has become a more tolerant and better place, whining snowflakes are draining positive change through their constant moaning.

“We thankfully now live in a world that has progressed over the last 30 or 40 years,” said the 46-year-old beefcake.

“People can be who they want, be with who they want, and live how they want.

“That can only be a good thing – but generation snowflake or, whatever you want to call them, are actually putting us backwards.”

Reactions: jack.allwardt

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I agree with him, the younger generation is scared and offended by literally everything and some of them are nearly impossible to talk to. Society needs to stop this downward spiral, nothing good has come from it, only awkwardness/laziness/self entitlement/etc.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I agree with him, the younger generation is scared and offended by literally everything and some of them are nearly impossible to talk to. Society needs to stop this downward spiral, nothing good has come from it, only awkwardness/laziness/self entitlement/etc.
i call it ****flakes myself i have always been brutal with the truth as i see it, i'm always the one to give honest replies if someone asks does my arse look big, goes along the line if its big its big end of, cannot be bothered with sugar coating anything as feel anything is living a lie and not being straight with people,, but only if i'm asked,, best saying in the whole world,, dont ask the question if you cant take the answer lol... but i am lucky as fairly big bloke and never been a push over on any level,,, i feel the whole world has gone stupid, i've worked from 16 years old nothing ever given to me had some hard battles in life but still see its only me that gets me anywhere on life or not,,

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I am a millennial and I could care less about what others think of me or how politically incorrect I am. People value who I am because I am straight foward and caring in a non artifical way. I think millennials these days want to act like they are caring by vying for SJW (social justice warriors). I believe they are only doing that just to get the kudos and likes on facebook. They really could care less about the poor and unfortunate. They just want to keep the appearance that they do.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm based on your conversation I would never have guessed you being a millennial until I looked up the official date ranges. In my opinion I only refer to anyone as a millennial as GenY.2 which are those born around 1990+ and those from 200+ are the the snowflakes (GenZ).

As of 2018, the breakdown by age looks something like this:

Baby Boomers: Baby boomers were born between 1944 and 1964. They're current between 54-74 years old (76 million in U.S.)
Gen X: Gen X was born between 1965 - 1979 and are currently between 39-53 years old (82 million people in U.S.)
Gen Y: Gen Y, or Millennials, were born between 1980 and 1994. They are currently between 24-38 years old.
Gen Y.1 = 24-28 years old (31 million people in U.S.)
Gen Y.2 = 28-38 (42 million peeps)
Gen Z: Gen Z is the newest generation to be named and were born between 1995 and 2015. They are currently between 3-23 years old (nearly 74 million in U.S.)

The term “Millennial” has become the popular way to reference both segments of Gen Y (more on Y.1 and Y.2 below).
https://communityrising.kasasa.com/gen-x-gen-y-gen-z/

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
I think I am more of a fluke. I am very conservative and somehow wasn't indoctrinated in school. I have strong religious ties even though my family I grew up with really didn't. I guess from an early age I developed the idea to think for myself and really question people's motives. Its gotten me in trouble at times but it wasn't until college that I decided I don't care what others think of me.

Most of my college friends went the indoctrination route and routinely just spout off whatever they hear on cnn about politics. We are still friends even though our political ideas are very different.

Maybe I wasn't indoctrinated because I kinda zoned out throughout school. I learn by teaching myself, not by any teacher. Wikipedia is my teacher.

I also try to get the big picture of things and skip all the little details that really don't matter to me.

Now I have 2 kids and I hope to teach them to always be wary of a person's own motivations for saying or doing something. Pretty much think for yourself and use logic and reasoning to make judgements, instead of what is the most hip thing to do.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Historically, there have always been throngs of people being offended about one thing or another. Sometimes legitimately and other times, not so much. That's another discussion all-together. I daresay that any modern society needs - if not requires - groups of people to be offended at all times, so as to serve as a catalyst for changing things for the better (or worse, as the case may be, with Nazis and other groups that exploited or manufactured such offenses to gain power) and to keep things moving forward. That being said, I don't believe that this generation is any more offended than previous ones, simply far more vocal about it all due to widespread and instantaneous communication, coupled with an inherited and encouraged sense of entitlement and large amounts of narcissism fostered by their peers, who are all emboldened by outlets like the Internet and social media, which allows them to instantaneously manufacture, amplify, and exploit any perceived offenses as the Nazi party once did.

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yea and I am at the beginning of the technical "millennial" tag but do not consider myself one at all. You are similar to me and not a fluke, lots of us out there. I'm more of a centrist on everything and share many of the things you do. I also have 2 kids and am doing my damndist to make sure they don't turn into anything close to what these snowflakes are.

·
Registered
64 Posts
people always complain about other 'generations'. That probably started while living in caves. "look how these kids carry their spears!" or some such.

But in the real world things do change. At this time one of the main factors is information technology, which allows ideas to be communicated almost immediately and to spread widely without much thought being put into them. Such as 'gingerbread people'. Or 'lets elect Trump'.

·
Super Moderator
5,061 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Meh - fake or not, message is the same ...... I don't like today's snowflakes :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts