Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We love the new Pat, but one thing is almost funny.... If we drop something in the front seat area anywhere near the center console, forget it, it's gone unless you have a very small person in the back seat who can get under your seats and retrieve it. At the most inopertune time, I'll drop the only change I have for the attendant, the parking stub, the ATM card, an ink pen, my keys, shopping list, clip-on sunglasses, you name it. The only way to get them back is to get out and go in through the back door and fish around under the seat! (This is really annoying to the people in line behind you when they see you do it:eek:.)
Does anyone else go through this ritual on a regular basis?

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have this problem on my 09. It really does disappear into the darkness. I just get out of the car and reach to get it. I'm very careful with my parking pass now :p

·
Registered
12,876 Posts
YES, it happens to me. At least I've learned by now not to bother looking, until I can stop and reach in from the back seat floor. Stuff just gets far under the seats quickly.

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
I swear I have a troll under there who grabs my garage door opener twice a week.

·
Super Moderator
8,520 Posts
I saw a tennis ball under my seat doing my Spring clean-up one year. Reached under there for it, and . . . hmm, it feels kinda heavy to be a tennis ball, buts its round & fuzzy . . . oh yeah, that bag of vegetables that fell off the back seat when I hit the brakes back in November. Ugh.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Would of never thought about that situation until this very morning!

Had my ID badge on the passenger seat with a bunch of other stuff and it
went into the hole. It was dark but I always have a bright light so I could see but not reach my ID from the front. There is a bunch of stuff on the floor in the back so it was difficult to get my hand in there toward the front. Even with the stuff moved aside, I could not reach it. Finally,I found a stick and flicked to ID further enough to the rear that I could reach it.

15 Miniutes!

Happy Holidays, JE

·
Registered
540 Posts
Ha, this is funny. I gotta tell you that's true. The other day I dropped my surfer necklace and it dissapeared!
I believe the guys at the car wash vaccumed it...Otherwise, technically we have a car and a "mobile black hole" all-in-one.

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
There is a cure. Buy a big road atlas and some DeLorme gazetteers and stuff them between the seat and the console to take up the space. I took mine out a couple weeks back and I hadn't put 2 and 2 together until now as to why I've been losing stuff under the seat lately.

I can't tell you how many stupidly long detours I've avoided by having a gazetteer on board at all times!!!

·
Registered
150 Posts
Here's a good black hole story: I put a couple of coins into the shallow, flat top part of the center console, and I could hear them rattling around for about a month. Recently, I opened it up, and the two coins were GONE! BUT...I could still hear them rattling around in the console. They somehow managed to 'travel' into the rear part of the console that is hollow, and has a sliver of an opening (that is just large enough to, say, get a coin through). So...now my center console is a piggy bank (that I cannot open!!!). Moral of the story: Don't put coins in the top of your console!!!

·
Registered
5,441 Posts
Yeppers...whenever I desperately need a cigarette, I will somehow always drop my lighter or pack of matches down there. One time I dropped both, one after the other, while on the highway :doh:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wow, thanks to everyone who had a "black hole" story to share. I feel much better about my own misadventures now. My wife wasn't convinced until her watch came unclasped one day and slid out of sight. Like the Patriot rookie she was, she kept trying to find/retrieve it from her front seat. I knew that sucker was gone until we reached our destination and could get out and crawl in through the back door and under the seat....:doh:

·
Registered
384 Posts
We finally sent out an expedition to recover our missing change, pens, napkins, fries and more. They have not returned. A rescue expedition is being mounted.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts