Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Decided on the Liquid Glass for the exterior. Like the buildup factor. Now for the interior. No leather just cloth and plastic. I'm a big fan of the Armor All low gloss protectant but alas they've stopped making it. Want to treat the dash, etc but don't want the glare in the windshield. What to use??? Is the LG vynil treatment low gloss? What else is out there to fit my needs? BTW this forum rocks.:banana: Ric

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Meguires Interior Spray detail. Just about everything else available on shelves provides too much gloss.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Armor All is known to dry out plastics. That's why you need to keep adding more and more over time to "moisturize" the plastic or bring back the color. I use Meguiar's Natural Shine Vinyl & Rubber Protectant. Nice, natural low luster shine, uv protectant, that wipes off clean with no greasy effect. Great product imo. :)

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Its only Cheap Plastic---I just use a Damp cloth....Comes up great!!

·
Registered
301 Posts
Armor All sucks!!! It dries it out and collects dusts. Little known secreat, @ the M. Benz factory they use Pledge. YUP house hold pledge!!! I have a family worker who used to there and thats what they use. I have used it ever since.
Side note..... the dust cloths you use around the house are GREAT for cleaning the dust off the dash board.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the the answers. What about the Lexol vynil stuff? I've used the Lexol leather treatment for a long time and have been real satisfied with it. After the heads up on Armor All its history.... Ric

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
How about a damp cloth?

Not sure why one would use anything else.

Decided on the Liquid Glass for the exterior. Like the buildup factor. Now for the interior. No leather just cloth and plastic. I'm a big fan of the Armor All low gloss protectant but alas they've stopped making it. Want to treat the dash, etc but don't want the glare in the windshield. What to use??? Is the LG vynil treatment low gloss? What else is out there to fit my needs? BTW this forum rocks.:banana: Ric

·
Premium Member
1,099 Posts
Old school, damp cloth user here as well. I don't have worry about smearing up the glass with "protectant" overspray. I'm sure Pledge would work good too, I use it on my "good" shoes when my wife says "You're wearing those?". Does a nice, quick job.:smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
409 Posts
I aagree that armor all dries things out. Have used it before and it dry rots anything it is used on. Damp cloth is the way to go.

·
Premium Member
1,864 Posts
I heard this too...I have used pledge on all my cars since 1977 with no problems.
x3.

I have used pledge on the interior and tires for many years.

A guy i used to work with turned me on to this little secret. They guy was literally crazy about keeping his little toyota pickup clean. He would spray it with meguires spray detail evey night after driving home from work. I never saw a spec of dust on the truck, even in the winter with the salt on the roads.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I agree with APT 303 aerospace protectant has sun block in it- was made for boat seats--read the reviews.

·
Registered
3,438 Posts
Thanks for the the answers. What about the Lexol vynil stuff? I've used the Lexol leather treatment for a long time and have been real satisfied with it. After the heads up on Armor All its history.... Ric

Excellent choice on the Liquid Glass.

I have used this. I really can't say I have found it to be any better than the Meguiars interior detailer (mentioned by Gaze and what I presently use) or a simple damp cloth (as mentioned by Tiptronic and others). The Lexol does seem to leave a "greasy feeling" film behind so I stopped using it. It's not a feeling that is as bad as some of the Armor All products but it is noticeable IMO. It also has a bit of sheen but it is not a gloss. A very light odor can be detected but it goes away real quick and it is not bad at all. I would say that maybe the sheen it leave and the feel may be comparable to Pledge. Lexol is great on leather so I do not doubt it would do a good job on plastics.

To avoid oversprays, always spray on cloth first, then rub/wipe. :)

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks for all the input. Tried the Meguiares and it was pretty good. Read some about the Poorboy's Natural Look and how great it smelled so I tried it too. Looks like its the Poorboy's. Performance and smell really did it for me. Really like the finish & if ya want more shine all ya do is wipe it down after it drys. Goes on easy and evenly too. Ric

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Wanted to add that while this is my choise for the plastics I still intend to stay with the Lexol leather cleaner and care for the leather interior on my Town & Country. After 8 years of Lexol it still looks like new and smells great. Ric

1 - 20 of 48 Posts