Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know if this has been posted before, but here is a great write up on swapping out the power window switched for illuminated versions.

I've verified that the switches in my wife’s '07 Grand Cherokee interchange with my '07 Patriot's but hers are all lighted. The thread below uses switches from an '07 Charger, so I'm guessing they are common among several '07 Chrysler vehicles. Looks like all 4 switches can be done for less than $60. Sounds way easier than the other solutions I've read that require disassembly of the actual switch and adding LED's.

http://www.caliberforumz.com/showthread.php?t=24167

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
On Caliber Forumz a lot of Guys have swapped to Charger switches with the LED's in them. The Calibers like the Patriots are not Illuminated.

·
Registered
254 Posts
excellent find! for sure, itll be a fav mod...

where can we find these parts online? i also need to replace 2 door handles. stealership is way too $$$.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Looks like a very easy thing to do. Have to put this on the list of project's for the Pat. Anyone try any of the aftermarket parts that some of those calibers have ? Some of the calibers had aftermarket headers and strut braces/bar.

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
Yea the Caliber Guys do quite a lot of Mods !! Headers, CAI, Cat backs , Strut Braces , Swapping switches & Radios , Rims, Lifts & lowering etc. I'm sure some Cali stuff must be Compatible with Patriot.... but it would need careful checking!!
A Compass owner has just joined Caliber ForumZ , because he needed some Radio Swap info & there is loads on that site!!

·
Registered
377 Posts
Good info and thanks for sharing. I don't think I'll ever bother since the LEDs are so dim anyway but you never know. I still want my lighted cupholders :D.

NP

·
Premium Member
509 Posts
Does it illuminate the door lock indicator too? Do you have to do all 4 doors or can you just do the fronts?

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Does it illuminate the door lock indicator too? Do you have to all 4 doors or can you just do the fronts?
Swapping switches does illuminate the door lock button. I'm you could do one, two or all at the same time.

What I'm wanting to find out is if I can add the auto-down feature to the passenger's side like on my wife's 07 Grand.

·
Registered
313 Posts
Swapping switches does illuminate the door lock button. I'm you could do one, two or all at the same time.

What I'm wanting to find out is if I can add the auto-down feature to the passenger's side like on my wife's 07 Grand.
Great post! Thanks for sharing!
If anyone does this, please share!!!!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Ok, I have the standard switch panel, and my drivers window switch is lit (green) but none of the others are. Why is there a window in the switch if it doesnt light up?!? There's windows in the passenger and both rear switches too, but no lights. WTF?!?!?!

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok, I have the standard switch panel, and my drivers window switch is lit (green) but none of the others are. Why is there a window in the switch if it doesnt light up?!? There's windows in the passenger and both rear switches too, but no lights. WTF?!?!?!
The simple answer is: the all mighty dollar.

The non-illuminated switches are cheaper. The Pat is an entry level vehicle so it gets the cheaper parts.

The good news is that this part can be changed out. At least chrysler was smart enough to make all these switches compatible.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Welcome Narco, for the proper answers, please do a search for your topic. The subject at hand has been overly exhausted.

·
Registered
45 Posts
ordered switches today

I must say this has to be the one thing that I missed more than anything with the pat. After reading this thread and looking at the caliber post I decided on my next mod. Ordered the switches for all four doors today for a total of $69 and they will be here tommorrow. The install will happen sometime this weekend or early next week and after which I will post my thoughts.

·
Registered
45 Posts
switches are installed

The switches are installed on all 4 doors and they really look great! I have not posted pics in a thread before and I saw something about using photobucket. Would someone please send some instruction via pm so that I can get some pics up this week. Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts
not long at all

took maybe at the most 5 minutes per door. The install really wasn't difficult, used a plastic spatula (pancake flipper) to separate the panel from the door. Take your time! You need to pull the panel hooks straight out. The toughest part was actually getting the switch assembly out of the panel. It has 4 plastic catches and I used a flat head screw driver to pop out two on one side, the while pushing the switch out worked on the two on the other side of the switch. The new one pops right in and the wiring also snaps right in. It is so nice to see the light green illumination on all 4 doors, but really nice to be able to see the door lock switches. During the day the lit sections are actually white and look real sharp.

1 - 20 of 93 Posts