Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY patriot used to have the interior lights come on when opening the jeep at night or unlocking the jeep using the keyless entry..

Now nothing. I went through evic thinking this might be a setting but I don't know... I can't find anything. Also, the interior lights still work so I don't know.

Could this be a fuse? Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks

·
Premium Member
545 Posts
Did you already check that the light dimmer (for the instrument panels- found on signaling/high-beam stick) was not dialed all the way off. If you didn't already know (I'm trying to be helpful, not condescending so please don't take offense), turned to the brightest setting and making it click keeps interior (overhead) lights on, the opposite on the lowest setting keeps the overhead lights off.

Sometimes we bump stuff like that without knowing it ;-P

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
good thinking - i got caught that way for a few days !!

also maybe check the switch that's in the door jam

but i like the dragon's idea better

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
Did you already check that the light dimmer (for the instrument panels- found on signaling/high-beam stick) was not dialed all the way off. If you didn't already know (I'm trying to be helpful, not condescending so please don't take offense), turned to the brightest setting and making it click keeps interior (overhead) lights on, the opposite on the lowest setting keeps the overhead lights off.

Sometimes we bump stuff like that without knowing it ;-P
As often as this one comes up, no one should feel bad about it. Perhaps manufacturers need to put fewer controls in the same location on future vehicles.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
As often as this one comes up, no one should feel bad about it. Perhaps manufacturers need to put fewer controls in the same location on future vehicles.
Yesterday I drove my in-laws Town and Country mini-van... The windshield wipers, washer, high-beams, and turn signals are all on the same stalk. The low-beams are on the dash to the right of that stalk. The last Chrysler I drove was a rental Compass, and I thought they would be the same. I was pretty confused when I started pushing and pulling on the stalk trying to turn off the fog lights, when washer fluid sprayed on the windows and the high-beams came on :doh:

·
Registered
600 Posts
This reminds me of stories you hear about people getting "stuck" in their cars because the power lock switch stopped working (i.e. if the battery died). Somehow they don't know there is a manual lever to lock/unlock the door.

Or when this woman in front of me at a local drive thru thought her car wouldn't go into gear. Apparently she didn't realize she put her parking brake on while she waited for her food.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts