Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi,

I have a 2013 Jeep Patriot. Recently when I turn the direction indicator switch on - steering column indicator arm (either left or right), the relay clicking starts at normal speed, then doubles to super fast clicking. Both of the rear indicator lamps are not working (front ones work fine, and the dashboard arrow comes on). I have removed both rear bulbs and I don't see any voltage on the connectors with a voltmeter, there is however voltage (30v) going to the other rear bulb assembly (brake and reverse lights - these lights work fine).

So, it cant be the relay (as the front indicators work), it might be the rear bulbs and it might be the rear wiring, if I get 0 volts reading on the rear indicator connectors then isn't it the wiring ? I can not find any reference to a fuse in the manual for these lights ?

Anyone got any ideas I dont want to buy 2 new bulbs and find out it wasn't that, BTW both bulbs "look" ok i.e. no burnt element in the bulbs, so if Ive checked the wiring shouldn't I be getting a reading ie voltage, then none, then a reading etc from the relay ?

Thanks.

Marcus

·
Registered
35 Posts
First thing id probably check without having to replace the bulb is maybe the ground wire if your not getting any power? I had an issue awhile back where my driver door wasn't getting any power, did some troubleshooting and ended up finding a broken ground wire in the insulation.. maybe going with a probe that allows you to penetrate the wire insulation to see if you get any voltage the further you go down the harness. I had a Durango that would start to fast blink when a bulb was getting near the end of its life but it was usually one at a time. Both going bad at the same time is prossible but id say unlikely, goodluck!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Are the rear lights not labeled on the fuse box itself? I haven't had the need to mess with my fuse box in the Pat yet so I'm not familiar with it, but all of my past cars had a diagram on the backside of the door on the fuse box. It showed what fuse went were.

Other than a blown bulb or a fuse the only other thing that I could think would cause the problem is a wire that's been physically broken or a bad relay. I'm leaning towards a fuse especially since you aren't getting any voltage back there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts