Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2010 black jeep patriot. I want to make it look like the one in the picture attached. The reason I'm putting this in the forum is because I'm a big noob when it comes to car parts and stuff like that so, specifically, how do I go about getting the tires, rims? I already looked into the rocky road lift kit and it seems to be the best choice. Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Not Sponsored
6,824 Posts
You may also want to consider the STUs coil lift. You have the older style, which has soft springs. The spring lift will be a much better option to provide a better ride, but it's just a little bit less of a lift.

For tires and rims, just pick a rim you like from various sources such as tire rack and tires.

Someone else will chime in about tire sizes, as I'm not what tires will actually clear.

You'll need to make some other modification to the car to clear big tires, such as removing the pinch welds. Do you feel comfortable with cutting into the Jeep?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
16 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but the title reminded me of a conversation I had with a customer 22 year old college kid. He came to me and asked if I could build him a 'sniper rifle.' Sure, I say and I am about to start asking him details of what he wants and specifics for a custom build, but he stops and says "Can you make it look just like the one I use on Call of Duty?" :facepalm: the only question I had left was "Do you have cash?" He did, and now he has a duplicate of what he uses online... Lol https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.507711495920015.120059.283303005027533&type=3

·
Registered
16 Posts
That Patriot looks great! I'm going for something similar on my 2014. Going to use the RRO lift kit, 16x8 KMC XD-Series 122 Enduro, and 225/75/16 Firestone Destination MT.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Sorry to hijack, but the title reminded me of a conversation I had with a customer 22 year old college kid. He came to me and asked if I could build him a 'sniper rifle.' Sure, I say and I am about to start asking him details of what he wants and specifics for a custom build, but he stops and says "Can you make it look just like the one I use on Call of Duty?" :facepalm: the only question I had left was "Do you have cash?" He did, and now he has a duplicate of what he uses online... Lol https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.507711495920015.120059.283303005027533&type=3
I hope you gave him a complimentary MilDot master or similar ballistic calculator, a manual one with a wheel - should hurt his brain significantly...

·
Registered
12,851 Posts
He came to me and asked if I could build him a 'sniper rifle.'
Gee, all I had was A Remington 700 in 308. I would have loved to have had some of the nice rifles they use today.

·
Registered
180 Posts
Lift & Functionality

Question: How does installing a lift affect your CV angles? Is it excessive enough that you can expect premature failure? What about the boots, do you need an extra pliable or an oversized boot to compensate for the new CV angle?

I am sure that if you have the Lifetime Powertrain Warranty the lift would be an excuse for them to deny coverage for CV Joint or boot failure.

·
Registered
71 Posts

my first response would have been , you know there is no such thing as a "sniper rifle"

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.