Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FYI, the nearest mechanic is roughly an hour out so I would like to see if this is a driveable/safe thing first. That’s why I’m asking for help!

SO, everything is fine with my 2016 Jeep Patriot. I start it then two seconds later the Throttle Light & traction control light comes on after I put it into drive then I switch back to park. The Jeep starts to vibrate and jump a bit when I had put it into park. I turn my Jeep off and wait a couple minutes then turn it back on. The Throttle light is off but then the check engine light comes on (non flashing). I tested the Jeep and drove down the street under 30mph and everything seems to run fine.

My manual doesn’t have much to say on the issue and my service appointment is next week which they are about an hour out. Does anyone know of the issue or can help me at least diagnose the problem? I’ve looked everywhere and I still have to go to work this week so I need to know if my Jeep is still safe to drive or not. Please any help is appreciated!

·
Administrator
6,192 Posts
Without knowing the error codes, I'd say it's a dirty or malfunctioning throttle body.

If so, it could eventually stall on you somewhere:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts