Jeep Patriot Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well last weekend I was driving home late on night and I fell asleep. I had been working late all week and getting up early lucky to get 4 hours sleep each night. the result was me drifting off the road into a barrier at 90 kph. the jeep performed perfectly in the crash the airbags all deployed and stopped anything getting broken. my only injury was a small scratch on my right shoulder and I was knocked out by the impact.

unfortunately when I came to and climbed out it was immediately apparent my jeep was going to be a write off. what I did not consider is that I would blow over the limit when the police came. I had been at a Bbq with some friends and had 5 heavy beers over about 2 hours with dinner. I blew .65 and now am not covered by my insurance. FML I now have a wreck sitting in the yard of a tow truck company (charging me storage) that I need to sell. Anyone know the best place to sell this?

Attachments

·
Registered
72 Posts
I blew .65 and now am not covered by my insurance. FML I now have a wreck sitting in the yard of a tow truck company (charging me storage) that I need to sell. Anyone know the best place to sell this?
FML really? Yeah, you DID FYL... just thankfully you didn't take anybody else with you or else the car would be the least of your worries. Drinking and driving... wow. How DARE you complain after doing something as stupid as that. I honestly have NO sympathy for you. If you were working a lot and not getting sleep, the LAST thing you should be doing is drinking, and then on top of that drive? WTF???!!! WOW! Pathetically stupid... and then want sympathy for destroying your car... wow! WOW!!! You deserve what you get!

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
I'm sorry about your ride! I'm sure there are places that will take it and part it out--looks like the engine compartment is shot though.

It may have been a stupid mistake and I hope you will learn from it.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Exactly what GatorGirl said

You're a fu**ing idiot to be driving after drinking and little sleep

I'm glad you're not covered by insurance - maybe think next time you drink and drive, if you're capable of thinking

Hope you lose your licence for a while, so you can sit and consider what you might have done to someone else :mad:

PS - you probably mean 0.065

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
First of all I dont go out and get pissed and drive around. I was .65 the limit is .50 the police said if I waited 20 mins I would have been fine. The doctor said when your tired and driving you normally notice and can feel yourself getting sleepy. After a couple of drinks you don't notice your tired and you just fall asleep without even noticing.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
First of all I dont go out and get pissed and drive around. I was .65 the limit is .50 the police said if I waited 20 mins I would have been fine. The doctor said when your tired and driving you normally notice and can feel yourself getting sleepy. After a couple of drinks you don't notice your tired and you just fall asleep without even noticing.
Are you still pissed? You sure the limit isn't 0.050 and you blew a 0.065? A 0.065 would be something like three drinks in one hour for a dude weighing 200 pounds

·
Fiat Cherokar
3,098 Posts
Wow some people are harsh on here, not saying you are excused but i'm sure some other people have driven before and maybe shouldn't have, but it is the internet so everyone is perfect right? not making excuses but can we at least look on the bright side, his Patriot performed well in a crash, gives me some slight piece of mind that these vehicles can stand up to a crash like that, i'm sorry to hear about your loss.

·
Registered
2,911 Posts
Peepers are sensitive about boozing behind the wheel. I have certainly driven home when I shouldn't have. Sucks to be you but it could have been a lot worse. .050 is not hard to get to in real life and seems crazy low to void your insurance over. Glad everyone is safe. Next time you drink figure one drink per hour and you should be safe. Colorado law is .050 is a dwai .080 is a dui. I don't believe either void your insurance where it wouldn't cover the damages.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Next time you should get some sleep instead of going to a social outing.
Don't burn yourself out man, this is a life lesson you needed by the sounds of it.

Do you have 16" wheels, are they still OK? If so, hit me up on PM.
I'm just down the road at Logan. Goodluck with the rest of it.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
oh that's ok then, cos you are just a little bit over?

look at page 5 of this http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Transport-and-road-statistics/Road-safety-statistics.aspx

20% of fatalities in QLD involve alcohol - all these drivers won't be blind drunk, a very high percentage will have low-mid range alcohol

15% of fatalities involve fatigue

combine these attributes and it's a recipe for disaster

YOU ARE VERY LUCKY TO WALK AWAY FROM THIS. YOU ARE VERY LUCKY NOT TO HAVE KILLED SOME INNOCENT

To all those posters who are saying that there are harsh comments on this thread, would you be so warm and fuzzy if he had killed someone? someone you knew? and then came online and said "Sorry, but it's ok, cos I only had a couple of beers knowing I was very tired, then got behind the wheel of a ton and a half of metal and drove at 90kph while asleep on the public roads"

I'll say it again. Mate - you're a fu**king idiot

·
Premium Member
4,244 Posts
If 20% of motor vehicle accident fatalities involve alcohol then 80% don't.

Just saying.

I don't see Kainusgrove bitching and moaning or defending himself much, just reporting what happened, I'm sure he has a world of financial hurt ahead and will have lots of time to ponder things.

While he doesn't need a pat on the back, maybe he doesn't need to be judged quite so harshly.

Or would some of you prefer we went back to the stocks...public shaming, maybe we should bury him up to the neck and gather round while others throw stones at him.

Maybe he should just disappear into the night, to a re-education camp?

Nothing is black or white...everything is shaded to one degree or another is all I'm saying.

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
Agreed Metaxa, black and white rarely exists

Not sure about where you are, but public shaming is gaining support here in Oz and back in the UK as well

People love to hide behind the word "accident" when it comes to car collisions, but 97% plus are not accidents, they are due to some human error. Not human accident, human error. Someone did something wrong, that if they had not done, then the collision would likely not have occurred.

If the OP hadn't had a few beers, after little sleep, the collision likely would not have happened.

Hopefully he will make better decisions in the future, based on his learning. But surely, we don't all have to learn first hand that alcohol and fatigue and driving are not a good mix. We are intelligent enough as a species to learn from others mistakes

·
Judge Dredd
520 Posts
oh that's ok then, cos you are just a little bit over?

look at page 5 of this http://www.tmr.qld.gov.au/Safety/Transport-and-road-statistics/Road-safety-statistics.aspx

20% of fatalities in QLD involve alcohol - all these drivers won't be blind drunk, a very high percentage will have low-mid range alcohol

15% of fatalities involve fatigue

combine these attributes and it's a recipe for disaster

YOU ARE VERY LUCKY TO WALK AWAY FROM THIS. YOU ARE VERY LUCKY NOT TO HAVE KILLED SOME INNOCENT

To all those posters who are saying that there are harsh comments on this thread, would you be so warm and fuzzy if he had killed someone? someone you knew? and then came online and said "Sorry, but it's ok, cos I only had a couple of beers knowing I was very tired, then got behind the wheel of a ton and a half of metal and drove at 90kph while asleep on the public roads"

I fully concur with you on this one mate...I have been at too many fatal accidents where the thoughtless actions of others have resulted in the deaths of either themselves or innocent parties or both..often involving children.

It never ceases to amaze me at the outright stupidity and selfishness of those who drink and drive.
The sooner they introduce a zero drink drive limit the better...however it shouldn't need to be legislated for...common sense dictates if you are going to drive you don't drink...its not rocket science.

Also I firmly believe if you don't value your licence let alone others lives then you should lose your licence PERMANENTLY...1 strike and you are out!

If 20% of motor vehicle accident fatalities involve alcohol then 80% don't.

Just saying.

I don't see Kainusgrove bitching and moaning or defending himself much, just reporting what happened, I'm sure he has a world of financial hurt ahead and will have lots of time to ponder things.

While he doesn't need a pat on the back, maybe he doesn't need to be judged quite so harshly.

Or would some of you prefer we went back to the stocks...public shaming, maybe we should bury him up to the neck and gather round while others throw stones at him.

Maybe he should just disappear into the night, to a re-education camp?

Nothing is black or white...everything is shaded to one degree or another is all I'm saying.
He isn't bitching or moaning or defending himself as he has nothing to defend his actions with...he is guilty...he made the choice to drive whilst excessively tired that in itself is stupid...he then compounds his error by drinking....public shaming works....he has come on a forum and admitted to being over the limit and driving whilst tired...he didn't have to admit that as the reason for his crash and I applaud him for being honest enough to confess that. Yes he is facing financial hurt but its of his own making...maybe next time he will think again before driving.

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
Minnesota went from .10 to .08 several years back. Unnecessary at best. .06? Crap! that isn't anywhere close to intoxicated or impaired in any way. Unfortunately.....it will make you tired if you were already sleep deprived.

As far as selling your rig, I'd try Craig's list or Ebay. It looks like most of the parts anyone would want are wrecked though. Except the driver! :smiley_thumbs_up:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Wow some people are harsh on here, not saying you are excused but i'm sure some other people have driven before and maybe shouldn't have, but it is the internet so everyone is perfect right? not making excuses but can we at least look on the bright side, his Patriot performed well in a crash, gives me some slight piece of mind that these vehicles can stand up to a crash like that, i'm sorry to hear about your loss.
Internet or not, I have NEVER had even one SIP of a drink and drove after. I also do not do drugs and drive either. I prefer to have full control over my faculties. I also am aware that when I do drink I get sleepy, which is why I only drink at home, and before bedtime. So don't throw the "internet peeps is holier than thou" speech, I'm just holier than thou when it comes to drinking and driving.

And PS to the dude that DID drink and drive... over the limit is OVER THE LIMIT! I don't care if you've had only ONE beer... you don't drink and drive.

·
Registered
72 Posts

Exactly... everybody's ok with it until it happens to someone they KNOW. Well it DID happen to someone I know, and thankfully he just wrecked his own self like this moron, and didn't take anybody with him. I also have a few family members that used to drink beer like soda... and I never EVER wanted to be like that side of the family!

1 - 20 of 64 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.