Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This warning light never goes out and I just went to my mechanic a few weeks ago. Had my two back tires replaced and my two front ones were ok. Light is still on. Is there a way to just shut the damn thing off?

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
964 Posts
First step is to make sure that your tires have the proper amount of air in them. Even the spare. If they do, have the sensors checked at a shop. They could be defective or have dead batteries. If those check out then it's probably one of the recievers. The front left reciever on mine doesn't work, so I turned my TPMS system off using the AppCar DiagFCA program.

·
8,433 Posts
I'm with ET. Likely it's either a bad sensor or the spare is soft. (TPMS is such a pain!)

·
Registered
17 Posts
First step is to make sure that your tires have the proper amount of air in them. Even the spare. If they do, have the sensors checked at a shop. They could be defective or have dead batteries. If those check out then it's probably one of the recievers. The front left reciever on mine doesn't work, so I turned my TPMS system off using the AppCar DiagFCA program.

Awesome! I did not know there was a program to disable it. Does that App allow you to control the level also? I wanted to put winter wheels and tires on mine which use 32 PSI, but the stock tires require 35PSI, and have different trigger points. I know the control unit for the TPMS is somewhere abouts' the Homelink controller in the overhead console/map lamps area. I learn something everyday on this site.

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
964 Posts
Awesome! I did not know there was a program to disable it. Does that App allow you to control the level also? I wanted to put winter wheels and tires on mine which use 32 PSI, but the stock tires require 35PSI, and have different trigger points. I know the control unit for the TPMS is somewhere abouts' the Homelink controller in the overhead console/map lamps area. I learn something everyday on this site.
Honestly, I'm not sure if you can change trigger points, but I don't remember seeing that. If I remember, I'll look.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Honestly, I'm not sure if you can change trigger points, but I don't remember seeing that. If I remember, I'll look.
Hello, what obd2 connector are you using for that program? I have got two now and am having an issue getting them to talk.
Thanks

·
Registered
964 Posts
I'm using this one:

I also checked Appcar DiagFCA, you can disable the TPMS and view the trigger point... it appears to trigger on the low side at 28psi and doesn't seem to trigger for overinflation at all. However, it does not allow you to change the trigger point. Also, the spare tire is not monitored.

Getting it to work with your laptop can be a little bit of a challenge. Once it is connected via bluetooth, you need to go into Device Manager and see what COM PORT Windows has assigned to it, then go into the Settings in Appcar DiagFCA and configure it to look at that port.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts