Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched the forums but couldn't find a recommendation on where to buy online in the US.

Any suggestions - best price - shipping charge combined?

Thx :banana:

·
Big 'Rioter
207 Posts
im not real sure of the difference in the husky and the slush mats, but i bought the slush mats from the dealer, i wouldn't recommend them, they are basically a soft plastic, though they are water proof they aren't real durable and they were delivered with staples through them holding together so there were already noticeable holes in them from that...plus they are way overpriced.

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
Husky mats aren't much better. I got mine on ebay for like $35. To be honest, I just didn't want the snow and winter grime to be ground into the factory premium mats.

·
Level 3 Supporter
758 Posts
Husky mats aren't much better.
But aren't these the same liners that others in the forum have complimented. You own an 07 are you on the third winter for these liners and they are wearing through or something.
I was foolish enough to buy the factory mats and chuckle at the apparent durability and front coverage which is poor.:(
Can we then conclude that one should buy the cheap "cut to fit" one at NAPA (or similar) and just replace them every couple of years?

·
Registered
2,072 Posts
But aren't these the same liners that others in the forum have complimented. You own an 07 are you on the third winter for these liners and they are wearing through or something.
I was foolish enough to buy the factory mats and chuckle at the apparent durability and front coverage which is poor.:(
Can we then conclude that one should buy the cheap "cut to fit" one at NAPA (or similar) and just replace them every couple of years?
I have no complaints about the durability, I just don't think they do any better of a job than the factory mopar ones. If you're in a heavy snow area and you use slush mats almost year round, then I'd probably suggest buying a NAPA set and replacing them every 3-4 years.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
Are husky mats different than the husky liners? I have the liners and the comparison is more like a bucket vs. a napkin to the mopar slush mats. I have those too, will put them back in for summer (if we have one).

My liners contain 98% of what comes in my vehicle. The carpet would be ruined by salt already without them and the slushmats would be one with the carpet, one giant block of salty ice.

I will say though they are ridiculously expensive, especially if you buy both fronts and backs. However, should be a one time purchase.

·
POTM November 2008
8,921 Posts
I use the Mopar "slush" mats as my summer rubber floor mats. I have never seen a logical reason to have floor "mats" made of carpet.

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Are husky mats different than the husky liners? I have the liners and the comparison is more like a bucket vs. a napkin to the mopar slush mats. I have those too, will put them back in for summer (if we have one).

My liners contain 98% of what comes in my vehicle. The carpet would be ruined by salt already without them and the slushmats would be one with the carpet, one giant block of salty ice.

I will say though they are ridiculously expensive, especially if you buy both fronts and backs. However, should be a one time purchase.
X2.....Husky mats and Husky liners are 2 different animals. Husky liners are the cats ass. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts