Jeep Patriot Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’ve had my 2015 patriot for over year now and haven’t had any problems with it and only have had to get an oil change when needed. The tires were replaced around 34,000 miles as well. I noticed about a week ago while driving on the interstate my car started making a humming noise that would increase with accelerating and you could still hear while decelerating. I would think it would be my wheel bearings but I really hope not as the car has only 40,000 miles on it and it was serviced a week before the noise started Any guesses on what this may be? I’ve thought about taking it to the shop but I may not be able to get in before I have to go back to college

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
121 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Does the sound seem to come from a particular place, like one side or the other, front or rear?

Are the tires up to pressure? Have you tried rotating the tires to see if the noise moves?

Have you looked at the CV axle boots for any signs of grease leaking?
Thanks for your reply! The sound doesn’t seem to be coming from one certain place. I don’t see any signs of grease leaking and the tires are up to pressure, however it has been very cold the past few weeks that may be causing it

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, since it doesn't seem to be coming from any place in particular then it could be just the tires making more noise because the rubber has hardened due to being cold.

Post back and let us know if something changes.
Ended up taking it to the shop and it was in fact a wheel bearing on the left rear Little surprised this happened with such low miles but you have to take the age of the car into account too as well as road conditions

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
121 Posts
Ended up taking it to the shop and it was in fact a wheel bearing on the left rear Little surprised this happened with such low miles but you have to take the age of the car into account too as well as road conditions
Glad you were able to resolve your issue. Sometimes taking your vehicle to the shop or dealer takes the guess work out of it.

·
Administrator
7,226 Posts
Unfortunately rear wheel hubs are a known weak spot. Thanks for the update.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I’ve had my 2015 patriot for over year now and haven’t had any problems with it and only have had to get an oil change when needed. The tires were replaced around 34,000 miles as well. I noticed about a week ago while driving on the interstate my car started making a humming noise that would increase with accelerating and you could still hear while decelerating. I would think it would be my wheel bearings but I really hope not as the car has only 40,000 miles on it and it was serviced a week before the noise started Any guesses on what this may be? I’ve thought about taking it to the shop but I may not be able to get in before I have to go back to college
Is it a manual or automatic transmission?

·
Registered
2017 Jeep Patriot 4x4
121 Posts
Is it a manual or automatic transmission?
Hello and welcome to the group. Sounds like the wheel bearings to me. And from what I understand that is one of the weak parts on a Jeep Patriot. I am sure you will get more answers here soon hang in there. and again welcome.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts