Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a certain procedure to switch into the low range off road mode on the freedom drive II? There was nothing in the owner's manual. Do I just use the brakes to come to a stop, then shift all the way down to the "L - off road"? Also, do I need it to be in 4WD mode already before doing this?

Barry

·
Administrator
5,830 Posts
Is there a certain procedure to switch into the low range off road mode on the freedom drive II? There was nothing in the owner's manual. Do I just use the brakes to come to a stop, then shift all the way down to the "L - off road"? Also, do I need it to be in 4WD mode already before doing this?

Barry
"L" + 4WD = Off-Road mode.

You can do it in any order, and you don't have to come to a complete stop first, but I wouldn't be going fast when you do it.

Remember too that once you're in in Off-Road mode, the hill descent control will kick in and start braking as soon as you take you're foot off the gas and try to slow you down to around 5MPH, unless you press and hold the ESP button in for 10 seconds.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have a CTV transmission, High Altitude package it shows "Off Road" right under cruise control... would I have it?

·
Registered
2014 Sport 4X4 FD2 Off-road, Falken Wildpeak A/T, All weather & convienance group, EVIC, ATC, Hitch
1,058 Posts
I tried looking in the manual but couldn't really find anything because it doesnt have a "Low" gear
If you don't have the "L - Off Road" below D on the shifter, then you don't have off road mode.

·
Administrator
5,830 Posts
I have a CTV transmission, High Altitude package it shows "Off Road" right under cruise control... would I have it?
Unfortunately, the High Altitude package wasn't available with the FDII Off-Road option.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts