Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How to: Update Uconnect on a 2011 Patriot

UPDATED: Now works on 43.1.30

Alright guys, here are the instructions.

1) First check to see which version of software your Uconnect came with. On my Patriot the module is behind the glove box and is easy to get to. I am not sure how easy this is to access on other vehicles.

Look at the SW number on the module. If you have SW 43.01.10 or 43.1.30, this update should work for you. This is where you find the SW number:

2) Download the file:
For US mid-large vehicles (Wrangler, Durango, Grand Cherokee, Town & Country van, RAM), download this file
For US small vehicles (Compass, Challenger, Patriot, Caliber, 200) download this file

For Euro large vehicles, download this file
For Euro small vehicles, download this file

3) Put this file onto an empty usb drive

4) Plug the usb drive into the vehicles remote USB port (NOT on the radio). It should be either in the center console or glove box

5) Press and hold the Uconnect Phone button for approx. 15 seconds, until you hear Software Update started

6) Wait until the update is completely finished (about 10-15 minutes or so) During this update, the radio will beep over and over (you can turn this down with the volume knob). If after about 5 minutes you hear "This file archive not compatible with this vehicle," than either you used the wrong download, OR your radio does not currently have an update available

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
:notworthy::notworthy:

I downloaded the file with ease and bolted to the Jeep. I popped the thumb drive in and held the Uconnect button in. It first announced "Evo, connected" and I though I screwed up, but it very shortly announced "software update started" (or something to that effect) and was greeted with this on the display:

For the next 15 or so minutes this remained on the display and there was this ridiculous beep. When the pauses between the beeps get really long, you're on the home stretch.

I can confirm that Bluetooth streaming DOES WORK with my EVO, however, the FF/REW and SEEK controls do nothing:

I can also confirm that my 3rd gen iPod touch DOES WORK. you can change tracks from the headunit or the steering wheel and browse playlists, albums, podcasts, etc... from the headunit as well:

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
This doesn't actually update the radio, it updates the Uconnect module, so my title is a little misleading. The radio updates are done by disc.

Notice in the second post, Jlobaugh successfully did the Uconnect update and he doesn't even have a touch screen.

On another note, I'm not sure if pre 2011 radios update Uconnect the same way or not

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Is that the number printed on the actual Uconnect module? Or is the the software version found in the radio settings? I ask because the Radio and the Uconnect module have their own separate software

·
Geek
993 Posts
The update came out in 2011, so some models will have the 43 revision and others the 63. Mine was the 43. I purchased the Jeep new in April of 2011 and the unit was manufactured in 2010. You also have a different hardware revision than I and they may have completely different firmware anyways.

·
Premium Member
4,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it is off a module looking beyond the right side of the glove box

HW 14
SW 63.01.23
bulid 2011/04/06/0
That is interesting. Yours was made 2 weeks after mine!

·
Geek
993 Posts
Now they need to add a mode for controlling the music directly from the iPod/iPhone/iPad so that you can use Pandora without having to use a 1/8" audio cable or choose a song without having to deal with the slowest menu known to man. (I know you can use the voice command to pick your music, but I like to browse through it)

I wouldn't scoff at compatibility with android devices and the ability to control them.

·
Registered
251 Posts
I complained to the dealer that my uconnect disconnects my calls when sending, but answers them just fine when someone calls me. Dealer says it needs the update. Ive been waiting a few months because they are having problems receiving the disc update from the manufacturer, along with some other dealers. I see my service advisor about 2-3 times a week, (because she comes to my work for animal food) and she says their is now 3 people waiting for this update so I am not the only one. However, uconnect.com says my jeep is already up to date. So I dunno if that update will work or not. Im gonna download it, and give it a try. If not, ill be waiting....

Update: I did not check for the number, hoping since mine was an mid 12, so that may having something to do with it, but its dark right now, so I won't be checking. Yeah, it doesn't work for me. All it says is please plug in USB Mass storage device with uconnect software update on it. Well I downloaded it, moved the file to USB, plugged into the USB in the glovebox, pushed and held phone button, and thats what I got. :( I guess ill be waiting, if I really need one.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts

...4) Plug the usb drive into the vehicles remote USB port (NOT on the radio). It should be either in the center console or glove box...
[/IMG]

Does my '08 have this USB port? I haven't noticed it when changing the cabin filter. If not, where is it? Or do I need to worry about it as my U-connect works well with both my old Motorola Razr and my Nokia smart phone.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Does my '08 have this USB port? I haven't noticed it when changing the cabin filter. If not, where is it? Or do I need to worry about it as my U-connect works well with both my old Motorola Razr and my Nokia smart phone.
If you have one it will be in the glovebox up top. It took my sales man about 3 minutes to find it, cause you really wont see it, unless you get on your knees, and look in the glovebox. I may be wrong, but I believe it was in the 2011 and up patriot/compass. Your sticker price that was on your window tells you under the uconnect option if you have it.

This is what it says.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My Bluetooth kept giving me "unrecognizable" messages. I took it to the dealer over the weekend. While they were trying to find out what was wrong with it I found this post. Well, they did the download which was successful. They then did a voice command test after the download and it was still not recognizing commands. The culprit... a Telecamatics module had gone bad. I don't think it was ever good as I always had problems with it understanding my commands. The cost for Bluetooth on the window sticker was $375....how much was this going to cost $558.00. Needless to say I told them I was not that crazy, they need to work on their system and that I would not visit the dealership for anything again.Oh, they felt bad that they couldn't fix it and only charged me $54.79. Has anyone heard of this? Just insane!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts