Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search of the forums and didn't find a successful method for turning off the Daytime Running Lights. Anybody got a solution?

·
POTM Winner AUG. 09.
4,679 Posts
I believe once you've got them --thats it you are stuck with them , no simple turn off !!

·
Patriot Crash Test Dummy
1,357 Posts
I think you're right. I was curious about this when I first bought the 08, but mine DIDN'T have them. It was explained to me that they can reflash your vehicle and add DRLs, but they can't be disabled afterwards. They consider it a safety issue just like disabling the TPMS.

·
Registered
604 Posts
You can pull the ebrake one click for a temporary fix. The one click won't engage your brakes at all. I did this all the time when I drove up to my house at night and didn't want the lights shining in my kids room.

·
Premium Member
3,453 Posts
You can pull the ebrake one click for a temporary fix. The one click won't engage your brakes at all. I did this all the time when I drove up to my house at night and didn't want the lights shining in my kids room.
This works for those of you that need to go thru a guard shack at a factory, military base, or gated communities. They want your lights off so they can see your sticker.

Actually, a gate guard told me this trick!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I just got a 2010 and haven't looked too far into it, but in my 07 Focus I just went to the fuse panel and pulled the DRL fuse, everything else worked fine. As I said, haven't looked into my Riot yet but can assume it should be similar.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I just bought a 2011. I don't think mine even has DRLs. My old HHR did. I'm rather indifferent about that, but I DO wish the Patriot had auto lights.

·
Patriot Crash Test Dummy
1,357 Posts
Here's an intersting tip for you, not for the Jeep but DRL related: Chevy trucks that have the domelight override button have the ability to turn off the DRLs. Just push the override button 4 times in succesion and it will chime, and out go the lights. To turn them back on, just repeat the process. I used to use this in my Blazer. I know this doesn't help with the Patriot, but if you happen to have a Chevy sittin around too...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts