Jeep Patriot Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,
Our daughter owns a 2008 Patriot Front wheel drive. We just flew from Indiana to ft Lauderdale yesterday and rented a lift, and replaced the front subframe and lower control arms (She is attending college here).
While on the lift I see the rear crossmember is perforated by rust. Is there a how to video on replacing it? If I can do it in a day I will fly back down and do it, but if there's a high probability of trouble extending the repair time I'll drive my vehicle 1200 miles and do a "prisoner exchange" and drive it home to do it on my lift.
Also, a shout out to UDOIT lift rental, Pompano Beach FL. They rent lifts and had everything I needed to remove/replace front subframe.

·
Administrator
6,200 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sandstone,
Thanks for the link to the download. We will be scheduling another trip down here to either replace the crossmember on site or bring it back home with us to do it there. Will appreciate any additional input.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello all,
Our daughter owns a 2008 Patriot Front wheel drive. We just flew from Indiana to ft Lauderdale yesterday and rented a lift, and replaced the front subframe and lower control arms (She is attending college here).
While on the lift I see the rear crossmember is perforated by rust. Is there a how to video on replacing it? If I can do it in a day I will fly back down and do it, but if there's a high probability of trouble extending the repair time I'll drive my vehicle 1200 miles and do a "prisoner exchange" and drive it home to do it on my lift.
Also, a shout out to UDOIT lift rental, Pompano Beach FL. They rent lifts and had everything I needed to remove/replace front subframe.
Did you find the part number that is required for the replacement? I too have an 08 Jeep Patriot front wheel drive 2x4 and having no luck finding a part that will fit my vehicle

Thank you

1 - 4 of 4 Posts